Biim.Games my website made entirely with Construct 2

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:47 am

Hi guys, I have just uploaded the alpha version of the website for my studio. Its goal is to show the released games and the ones currently under development. It wants to be more an entertaining website rather than a "serious" one, it has to incentive the visitor to explore game after game all the creations.

The website has been created entirely with Construct 2!

This is the link:
http://biim.games/

I would be glad if you can help giving feedback about your experience, bugs found and suggestion to improve.

The website isn't finished at all, I just want to get more info to complete the first stage properly.

Thank you!
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:26 am

Hi @Biim ^^

I really like the idea of a website which is also a game, it's quite original :-)
I also think your "Matrix Easter egg" shows a nice way to use the color swap effect for the tide ^^

However, the player seems a little slow, and the enemies on the map can be a real pain to deal with : there is no way to kill them (if the character has a weapon I have no idea how to use it) and the mushrooms just stalk you wherever you go moving at the same speed as you so you can't escape them and they kill you over and over again, so it becomes quickly frustrating instead of fun ^^'
Also, I guess it's normal the player can't enter houses for now if it's still under development, but I prefer to list it just in case :-p
Hello !

I'm Steven, a 24 years old French graphic designer and programmer, and it's been 4 years since I started using Construct 2.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:12 am

Hi @Ratmaster, thank you for playing and I am glad you like the idea. Yes the tide looks not too bad considering that I didn't create with the idea or color swapping in mind, I apply the effect after. I instead used the effect to create the bee flying in one of the flower patches.

Probably I will slightly increase the speed of the player but it is slow for a reason. While entering the first building (you can do so clicking a first time the door and a second time once open to get in), the character will have their owns stats and might be faster, stronger and ready for the battle. Mushrooms are usually easy to defeat. During the game there are some hidden power ups and pick up. Some already giving straight benefits, others later.

There's at the moment a way to move in the first building before the mushrooms reach you, you just need to play it around a bit ;)
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 pm

@Biim when I tried the first time the door didn't open ^^'
Now I could enter the first building and upgrade my character, but I found a new bug : I was hit by a mushroom at the exact same time I entere the building, so I had a "game over"on my screen but I was in the building and could continue to play XD
By the way I like "The Outermost Dungeon" ^^
Hello !

I'm Steven, a 24 years old French graphic designer and programmer, and it's been 4 years since I started using Construct 2.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Yes, sometime that bug happens, I still have to fix it.

While 64x64 UFOs was a game made for a jam that I did in 15 hours, The Outermost Bastion is at the moment the main game that I am developing. Unfortunately due to family issue I had to stop to work on it for 6 months. I had just a bit of time to work on the website that you have just tried. Once the website will be finished I will go back to complete The Outermost Bastion :-)

Anyway, the website will never be really finished, since it will evolve with the time every time I will work on some new projects :)

I am glad you like the game :D
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:31 pm

@Biim
How did you post this website online?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:58 pm

LaurenceBedford wrote:@Biim
How did you post this website online?

I bought the domain and exported the game as HTML5, then just put everything inside the main folder with a FTP software. Usual things as you can do with a normal website.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:47 am

I have increased the starting speed by 50%, now you should be able to survive longer the mushrooms :)

If you don't see any difference, you might have to clear your cache memory.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:50 am

Oh, by the way guys, the website is supposed to show more/less according to the window size, I want to play with this function more later on. This will help you to peek some areas and avoid some enemies attack in the future.

Try to resize the window, it will also make the game faster.
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:17 pm

@Biim that is much more enjoyable that way ^^ the first time it felt like a mushroom-based punishment, which was kind of awkward XD
About The Outermost Bastion, it's simple yet challenging ^^
I think the difficulty is very irregular though, sometimes it feels too easy and the next level is hellish :-p
Hello !

B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests