Birthday Game/Card

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and count the cards and choose the right number!
  • Hi All!

This is my first game I've shared here. I'm still a huge novice, but I wanted to create a birthday present for my son. He is an adult and is the primary digital artist for Iron Man's suit. In honer of his birthday I compiled a bunch of his art he drew as a youngling. He used to love groundbloom flowers and had a drawing of some. I used that pic for assets, and characters and robots from some of his other art I saved. The code got really messed up when I was trying to attach the match to his hand, so sometimes he will only light fireworks when facing a certain direction. I got too close to my deadline to get all that ironed out. Anyhow he really loved it and was deeply touched. I think not only that, it served as nice affirmation for him that you can teach an old dog new tricks. He said he was proud of me, I said I was glad I could return the favor.

I figured I'd share it along with the concept of games as greeting cards.

Gregs Groundblooms

http://www.onceuponourplanet.com/gregs/groundbloomer.html

EDIT:

For some reason the sound is not working in Firefox. It has a pretty kookie song and sound effects provided by nephews, so perhaps try it in chrome.

Enjoy

• I think it's a great tribute to your son. I've thought about doing something similar for my son (he's six).

Nice work.

• Remember this one :3 !

Congrats for your son ! ( I think I am half of your sons age now ... If he's 26 ! )

Cheers !

• Touching!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Very nice Auntie Val! I don't know what's better your game, or the fact that you made it with unconditional love. Your son is very lucky to have a mom like you.

I think your on to something there games as greeting cards just might be a good niche business opportunity for you.

Iron Man, I love those movies. Does your son know Robert Downey Jr.?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)