Bit Fortress

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Thanks deadeye :mrgreen: , CROS from gamejolt was the first to inform me however, since i posted the game up there 2-3 days ago. I'm glad people still enjoyed it in it's unpolished state.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:57 am

I can't wait for your next game :cry:
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:26 am

It was on JayIsGames as well. Nice one! :)

http://jayisgames.com/archives/2009/06/ ... oad_90.php
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:43 am

After many long periods of procrastination, it's here :mrgreen: .

-BIT FORTRESS- DEMO VERSION 0.2

NEW:
revamped graphics
3 full levels
full SHMUP ranking system
New precision control button
TONS of new original music by yours truly
New gameplay features...

I'm uploading it here first so you guys can give it a test run. Please inform me of any bugs you encounter. First to complete all three levels gets a watermelon scrub. Have fun.

DOWNLOAD: [url:c3upe2xn]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1010927/BitfortressDEMO_V0.2.zip[/url:c3upe2xn]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:22 am

New gameplay video: [url:hjybkg68]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsg05SLrHQA[/url:hjybkg68]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:27 am

Pretty cool, Davio. :) I really liked the graphics, but I'm not too sure about the gameplay. I think it could do with (a lot)more enemies which are easier to kill. As it is now, the enemies that require you to fire into their centers are a pain to kill. Those ships were the main reason I didn't make it past the first level. :P
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:52 am

I agree that the graphics are really the power of this game. It fits the style perfectly, and the use of the 3D box is great!

I'm afraid i didn't like the gameplay at all, probably because i kept dying and i felt like i could do nothing about it.

I had a really hard time dealing with the combination of a tiny player the same color as the enemy bullets, and super fast speed and acceleration. And i lost track of my ship all the time. Because of the sensible controlls i couldn't dodge a bullet without having a 50% chance of hitting another one. The precision movement was better then nothing, but i would prefer a mouse controlled ship.

Maybe you want the controlls to stay as they are in order to keep the same type of gameplay, but i think you should do some changes to the players spaceship. Not nescessarily redesign it, but change the color or something. Right now you can't focus on the enemies you're shooting at without your ship getting lost in the storm of bullets.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:27 am

Actually there is no 3d box :P , it's all sprite z distortion. The precision movement was added to help with the high density dodging, and I believe it's enough for most players. The player ship does have a glow on it to help differentiate it from the other stuff, but maybe it should stand out a bit more. The acceleration has to be instant because you need split second controls in a bullet hell game like this. I'll think about reducing enemy health, maybe they are a bit to tough for the average player :mrgreen: .

[quote="linkman2004":3q65x6y1] I think it could do with (a lot)more enemies which are easier to kill.[/quote:3q65x6y1]
Linkman, I wanted the player to feel underpowered, compared to most shmups where you upgrade your main weapon and wipe out half the screen in seconds. I agree that it could use some balance tweaks, but i don't want to fill the screen with munchable fodder.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:05 am

Great game!

Keep getting to the Level 1 boss but soon get put in my place, I found the best strategy at the start is RUN as most enemies can't shoot behind them.

It's a lot easier to play on a joypad using Joy2Key than on a keyboard.

Looking forward to the full game although I don't think I'll get any further than I do now.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Demo V0.3 Released!
-Everything you wanted, It's got it.
-Difficulty settings (now you can hopefully complete level 1 :D )
-Mouse Control and Joystick/Controller support with ALL controllers (latter via JoyToKey (included and built in))
-Better Graphics!!!11
-Donate button so you can support poor Davioware :mrgreen:

DOWNLOAD:
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations