Bizarre audio problem

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:29 am

I'm experiencing this exact same problem with my release iOS game: a very rare thing but disconcerting nonetheless.

Audio becomes 'bitcrushed' and pitch shifted, even restating the app doesn't help. Seems to happen regardless of the iPhone model. Possibly to-do with unlocking the hardware mute button after the game has launched.
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:57 pm

I'm experiencing the same problem on my iOS game (music is sometimes fine, other times the music is horribly distorted or absent entirely). Has anyone been able to find a solution?? The issue seems to happen regardless of whether the phone was on mute prior to the app being launched.
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Same problem here as well on iOS..

Does anyone know a solution? @Ashley ?
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:10 pm

I'm not sure it explains the original post in this thread, but there are reports of a bug in iOS 9.2 that breaks audio playback. I investigated it and concluded that the nature of the problem combined with the fact that it's a bug in iOS itself means there's not much we can do other than wait for Apple to fix it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:09 pm

@Ashley

It’s not only a iOS 9.2 bug. This bug is also in iOS 8 as well as it is on iOS 9.
This sound bug is a big problem if you are an iOS developer.

Please, take a look at this video. My English is bad, so you understand better what I mean by watching the video:

dropbox.com/s/zt692q1b2t7kx81/IMG_3112.MOV.mov?dl=0

(Tested on iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1, Intel XDK.
Same bug on iPhone 6/iOS9 / or iPad)
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:04 pm

@Ashley , If you have time to explain: why sounds/music can be played without touchstart event on iOS, if they are in a sounds folder? How C2 to avoid a safari autoplay block? It would be a perfect user experience, without distorted sound bugs..
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:32 pm

@FMFM - if you have any issues, please file them all to the bugs forum following all the guidelines to the fullest extent possible. If you report issues anywhere else, they will eventually get lost/forgotten.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:55 pm

I'm experiencing the same problem (bit crushed sound or no sound at all).

My specs and workflow:
Construct r221
Windows 7 on Boot Camp (Macbook Pro)
Cordova Export
Phonegap Build
iPhone 6 iOS 9.2.1

I'll install iOS beta 9.3.1 and check if the error stops.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:25 pm

The bug has been submitted here: viewtopic.php?f=151&t=167412

When I launch my iOS App the sound will sporadically have problems being distorted.

Sometimes the background music will be fine and sometimes it grainy and choppy sounding.

If I leave the app open but use the home button to go to the iPhone home screen then I open the app again - there is no sound at all. So I have to manually close the app and open it before I can have sound again.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:09 am

I was reading this thread, plus the linked bug submission because I was having similar problems to what people were reporting here.

-My game had glitchy sound on iOS (iPhone5, iOS 9.3.2). On first load the menu music wouldnt start, despite having a touch event prior (to go from a title screen to the menus).
-If I force-closed my game and restarted, the problem above would always occur. But if I just quit out of the app, then come back to it (without force-closing) the music would play as it should at the correct times in menus and cutscenes etc.
-Also my sound effects sounded very 'clipped' or low quality, compared to Android devices.

I was using C2 stable r227. I upgraded to C2 Beta r230 and re-exported for XDK.
This seemed to fix the problem of the music not playing in the menus on first start.

So some fix in C2 from r227 and r230 seemed to help my music play on starting the app.

My sound effects still sound very clipped tho.

Just posting in case this is helpful to anyone.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General