Black screen - Cocoonjs and XDK

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:39 pm

[QUOTE=Squirrely1] [QUOTE=firebelly] [QUOTE=flemmig] Would be glad to know how to switch to old engine[/QUOTE]

Add the CocoonJS Object.

Then click it, and edit the properties.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, as someone else said...Crying alot...black screen of death.   Solved. TYTYTY[/QUOTE]

It is a workaround. But it does not solve the issue.
The performance is way better on the accelerated version. When it works
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:25 pm

@Squirrely1

You never quite solved it did you, because they want the accelerated physics to work and not get a black screen. The Standard web based physics seems to be pretty basic "Solution". Like cvp said, it's a workaround, not a fix. Accelerated physics will boost performance ALOT, thats why we are trying to find a REAL solution.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Workaround agreed.    But when us "non-Programmers" get a black screen of death it is often a huge hurdle or deal breaker. (No programming experience required?) I had a Java programmer come over to help me with the apk signing stuff and he walked away saying "good luck" with the black screen thing. let me know if you fix that."
Anyway, I ran across this solution by sheer dumb luck   while trying to solve another issue. why my C2 prog. crashes(workaround=trying laptop instead of PC).
So, Yes, I like/want accelerated...but with a workaround, at least I can move forward and keep working and not be 100% dead in the water.

I like C2, I'm having much fun, don't get me wrong.   I just worry about getting to completion.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:39 pm

[QUOTE=Squirrely1] Workaround agreed.    But when us "non-Programmers" get a black screen of death it is often a huge hurdle or deal breaker. (No programming experience required?) I had a Java programmer come over to help me with the apk signing stuff and he walked away saying "good luck" with the black screen thing. let me know if you fix that."
Anyway, I ran across this solution by sheer dumb luck   while trying to solve another issue. why my C2 prog. crashes(workaround=trying laptop instead of PC).
So, Yes, I like/want accelerated...but with a workaround, at least I can move forward and keep working and not be 100% dead in the water.

I like C2, I'm having much fun, don't get me wrong.   I just worry about getting to completion.[/QUOTE]
agreed.
This is more important than adding an export for the OS flavor of the week...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 am

[QUOTE=flemmig] Link to .capx file (required!):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22406377/spil/PizzaBrain-0.65.capx

Steps to reproduce:
1. Exported the project both for CocoonJs and XDK
2. BLACK SCREEN in both export
3. No problem in preview ..

Observed result:
Exported for Cocoonjs..and worked in older C2 version 137
this is debug from CocoonJS

Expected result:

Black screen in both Cocoonjs and XDK

Browsers affected:
Chrome: yes/no
Firefox: yes/no
Internet Explorer: yes/no

Works in above browsers

Operating system & service pack:
XP - sp3

Construct 2 version:
    [/QUOTE]

I've been having a very similar issue. I've been developing a game for a little over two months and in the past few days have attempted exporting it to the Windows Phone 8 App marketplace, all to no avail. The app runs perfectly fine in the preview browser, but as soon as I test it in Windows 8's SDK it shows only a black screen? Can anyone help? Really frustrated on this.
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:02 am

Hi

Can you guys test that Distance or revolute joint example from construct 2 is working with CocoonJS launcher ?

I got this error

I did add CocoonJS object and change to Standard Web based for physics engine...

This is really frustrating.

Construct R141
CocoonJS 1.4.1

Can @Ashley or @ludei give any feedback on this issues ?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:39 pm

@tumira

Construct R141 is a BETA release, maybe you should revert back to R139 Stable and try that out.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:06 pm

@BAnyBudde

I found the bug also on R139 before this. Thank you for your reply. Did you tried to run and test it the capx ?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:23 pm

C2 r141 & CJs launcher 1.41(android) - have a black screen after I added phisic-object in my game...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Tried to revert to r139 but got message, "This project was created in a newer version and cannot be opened in r139 etc..."   NBD.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs