Black Screen on CocoonJS / Cordova export for IOS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hi,

I am trying to publish a game through Cordova / CocoonJS for IOS by following those instructions:

https://www.scirra.com/blog/154/evolvin ... rt-options

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/71/how ... h-phonegap

In CocoonJS I am using Webview-based platforms (not Canvas+ since it is a non-browser wrapper),

so I chose Webview+ or System Webview.

However I always get a black screen after the launch image on my real device (IOS 8) with no error in xcode console whatsoever.

Actually the last lines I see are:

[quote:2w8i4wb3]

IDTK_LOG_INFO: [IDTK] Invoked in ludei::framework::ServiceRegistry::registerService line 93: Registering service: SplashService, version: jenkins-2.1.1_cocoon_services_Splashes-51-0-gd59ddd4

2015-02-23 19:48:35.846 FSR [823:221723] Ludei CocoonJS: Using WKWebView

IDTK_LOG_INFO: [IDTK] Invoked in void ludei::gui::IOSWebView::loadURL line 119: loadURL: file:///private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/43A75F62-16D7-4C27-840F-C4B2E0377FAB/FSR.app/game/index.html

2015-02-23 19:48:39.254 FSR[823:221723] Ludei CocoonJS: Using WKWebView

The only thing I noticed so far is that there is no cordova.js file in the export folder. I know Phonegap creates one automatically (when I try to publish the game via phone gap it works, but the performance is terrible). Could that be the issue?

Have anybody else experienced this?

*** UPDATE: I created a post at Ludei Cocoon Forum as well: http://support.ludei.com/hc/communities/public/questions/201890379-Black-Screen-on-C2-Export-Cordova-IOS-Webview- ***

• Update: I also get a black screen in cocoonjs Laucher (no fps are showing) and no error in the javascript error console. However it works fine with HTML export only but as soon as I export it as Cordova it hangs right after the splash screen.

This also happens with Intel xdk by the way.

I removed all plugins that I think could cause the error (iAd, iap, Audio) and all audio files, but still the game doesn't load. I feel a little lost here...

Does anyone know if there is any way to debug this error deeper than using the "default" cocoonJS launcher console?

• Hello,

The first thing I noticed after testing the exporter is that our plugin prelude is missing in the exportation (I will try to solve it later). So if you were trying to use the plugin, it won't work.

Apart from that, after exporting, are you just compressing the folder and uploading it to the cloud? If so, that might be the problem. The cloud compiler is expecting a www folder + a config.xml file.

I need to have a further look at this issue, but I hope this can help a little.

In addition:

Does anyone know if there is any way to debug this error deeper than using the "default" cocoonJS launcher console?

You can try the "adb logcat" command for Android or the device log provided by xcode.

Oh, and one thing more: the cordova.js file is something that cordova will add automatically to your project. Do not worry for that.

Regards.

• any update on this?

i've created just a sample construct 2 project with only 2 sprites and no functionality and exported it using Cordova, created a zip file with the exported content, copied the file to my phone and tried to launch the app using the launer

result:

black screen

canvas+ error: JavaScript Exception (Tag: 'script'): ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined at Window.<anonymous>(<anonymous>:2:17)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • any update on this?

i've created just a sample construct 2 project with only 2 sprites and no functionality and exported it using Cordova, created a zip file with the exported content, copied the file to my phone and tried to launch the app using the launer

result:

black screen

canvas+ error: JavaScript Exception (Tag: 'script'): ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined at Window.<anonymous>(<anonymous>:2:17)

Hello,

Canvas+ does not support JQuery and Cordova exporter requires it. In addition, Canvas+ is not meant to be used with cordova exporter, please use the deprecated one, because it is working perfectly even if it is deprecated.

Once we publish the new cloud, it will be possible to use cordova exporter for Canvas+. Cordova exporter in the actual cloud only works if you plan to use the CLI, and the CLI is only ready for the Webview+.

Regards

• Tried everything but still getting the same old black screen using intelxdk app .....

• tried everything still getting the same blackscreen ?

• I have the same problem, no Cordova export from Construct 2 works anywhere. I tried webview+ on CocoonJS Launcher, I tried hosting & launching via Firefox and Safari etc... And I tried with multiple projects and samples as well.

I really need a functional export. Anyone solved this yet, please?

Is there a bug with Construct's Cordova export option? Should someone post it into the bugs thread?

• Hi All - Im also getting this - I have used intel XDK and emulator works fine but when loading it onto a device that is not a nexus all i get is the splash "If i have set it" and then a blank screen - this is also the case with phone gab. not sure what is going on but I hope its something so minor "Even used the template games to make sure its not me" am also getting the results for Android via crosswalk

• Hi Dev's,

Have been running through debug and think I may of found an error that could cause this, I am using the latest stable release so no sure if it is fixed in daily builds.

the error I have found is

JavaScript Exception (Line: 2 Tag:'script'): SyntaxError: Unexpected Token '<'

Could you please let us know?

Thanks

Mitch

• don't waste your time use ejecta

• ejecta looks good but only does IOS and is non windows - is there something like this for windows as well as similar for android?

• Hello,

Please, could you provide an already exported test case?

In addition, I need to know if you are using our plugins, if you are using our cloud or the CLI and the other plugins included in the project.

Regards

• ludei I am having the same problem as well, when I launch the app, the ludei picture appeared but after that, it's all black on the screen

http://pastebin.com/HKqMyeji

• Hello,

Please, provide a test case, because I can't see any error on the log. But, if I have the test case already exported, I can test in different devices. In addition, I need to know if you are using our plugins.

Regards

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)