Black Screen on Mobile Default Browsers

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • My first post here since starting on Construct 2!

Anyway, I am getting a black screen after I have uploaded my games to a server and try to load it up on the default browsers for Android and iPhone. I get the logo and loading screen but after that it just goes dark. They work fine in Chrome and Firefox. The problem is this isn't just for one game - it's been for the last 4 I have been working on. Is this a known bug or am I just doing something wrong in the export?

Below are my project settings and export settings:

Release 178 (64-bit)

Fullscreen Scaling: High Quality

USe high-DPI display: Yes

Orientations: Landscape

Enable WebGL: On

Sampling: Linear

Downscaling: Medium Quality

Physics engine: Box2D web (Not using physics in current game)

Loader Style: Progress bar & Logo

Clear Background: Yes.

Export Settings:

Export Type: Web -> HTML5 Website

PNG Compression: Standard (recommended)

Minify script: checked

Choose Template: Normal Style

Let me know if any of you need anything else to help me out with this and I will add it in.

• I've tried this, and my guess is it's something with your sound.

Try to delete all sounds and sound references in a "save as" project, then export it to html5 and test on mobile again; does this make it work?

If yes, then I think it may be the ogg vorbis creating the issue, but I may be wrong here; I haven't gotten around to testing myself, as I'm pretty new to Construct 2 also - and my main focus has been on the events/programming and making graphics... ^_^

• I've tried this, and my guess is it's something with your sound.

Try to delete all sounds and sound references in a "save as" project, then export it to html5 and test on mobile again; does this make it work?

If yes, then I think it may be the ogg vorbis creating the issue, but I may be wrong here; I haven't gotten around to testing myself, as I'm pretty new to Construct 2 also - and my main focus has been on the events/programming and making graphics... ^_^

Thanks for the quick reply!

I haven't added audio to this project yet, I wanted less bugs to deal with at a time, haha. I went back to make sure I didn't do any noob things and added the audio object in and I didn't see it in my project files.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmmm ok another stab at it; try not to minify the script. Maybe that will change something? Alternatively, make a file where you scrap anything you don't want us to see / know about, and upload here - and we can see if we can figure out what's going on for you

• The default browser on android is very bad, special for games. If your game works on the mobile firefox, chrome and safari, then i would not worry about the standard browser, that soon gets obsolete.

• Hmmm ok another stab at it; try not to minify the script. Maybe that will change something? Alternatively, make a file where you scrap anything you don't want us to see / know about, and upload here - and we can see if we can figure out what's going on for you

I was hoping that was the issue as well but it seems even after upload, that doesn't do the trick.

The default browser on android is very bad, special for games. If your game works on the mobile firefox, chrome and safari, then i would not worry about the standard browser, that soon gets obsolete.

Yeah, this seems to be the case. It doesn't look like the default browsers for mobile have the infrastructure support it as well as FIrefox, Chrome, and Safari. It's like a mobile IE.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)