Blank screen caused by uBlock Origin after uploading game!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Fill in the Blanks. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • When I run my game preview in a browser it works perfectly fine, but when I export it and upload it it stops working! I get a blank screen and can only hear audio. You can try it here: http://robert-kent.com/trainerwreck/

On Firefox I get this error:

[quote:18l32mhk]TypeError: Value being assigned to AudioParam.value is not a finite floating-point value.

On Chrome I get:

[quote:18l32mhk]Uncaught TypeError: Failed to set the 'value' property on 'AudioParam': The provided float value is non-finite.

at K.play (c2runtime.js:320)

at y.decodeAudioData.a.pj (c2runtime.js:315)

Is this a problem with the audio files I'm using? Do I need to re-import them or something? I'm really confused because this works fine when I preview it on my PC.

The capx is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw66e ... 0hJNnJ5Rzg

What's also weird is when I upload it to the scirra arcade it is totally fine the first time you play but if you refresh the page it stops working: https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-ga ... reck-13782

Maybe an export option I'm doing wrong?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:3117olom]What's also weird is when I upload it to the scirra arcade it is totally fine the first time you play but if you refresh the page it stops working

First of all, this doesn't happen to me.

Works perfectly after reloading the page.

Must be a local issue.

[quote:3117olom]When I run my game preview in a browser it works perfectly fine, but when I export it and upload it it stops working! I get a blank screen and can only hear audio. You can try it here: http://robert-kent.com/trainerwreck/

Also, this doesn't happen when I open the link.

There are some white flashes on the screen when the enemies collide with the server, but neither does the screen stay white nor does a blank screen appear.

And when I opened your .capx, I saw that the short flashes are intended.

The issues you encounter seem to be connected to your browser, since it works perfectly for me.

(Btw, I'm using Waterfox, a modified version of Firefox)

• That's really weird. It is blank for me in Firefox and Chrome, private browsing and incognito. In Edge only half of the sounds work. I've even tried it on a different PC and it's still blank.

I wonder if it's something to do with browser addons? Maybe an adblocker or something? If that's the case is there any way around it?

[Update] OK, I found that if I disable uBlock Origin it works. Is there anything I can do about this in my game to make sure it works for uBlock users? Note: this only seems to affect the Scirra arcade link, the link on my personal site does not work properly with or without uBlock.

• [quote:2zk2tulv]OK, I found that if I disable uBlock Origin it works. Is there anything I can do about this in my game to make sure it works for uBlock users?

Huh, that's awkward. I use uBlock too....

And as I mentioned, I don't have any issues on either sites..

I probably can't help you anymore here, since I just know stuff about C2, but not about browsers...

• Weird. I'm not comfortable trying to promote the game if I can't reliably play it myself

• had happen to me also on arcade, on my latest example uploaded, as randomly said after a few refresh pages it worked for me also, however 2 days before that to happen, wasn't doing it, someone is working on the arcade section i think Tom ?:D

• Flash is dead, so now advertisers will begin implementing html5 ads.

I think it's inevitable that blockers will start messing with elements they see as intrusive.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)