Bleak Fortress !

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Complete asset pack for creating fortress and grassland for your games
  • Hi everyone,

I would like to share the actual state of my project: BLEAK FORTRESS.

INTRODUCTION

Bleak Fortress is a retro survival stealth platformer inspired from Metroid, Metal Gear Solid and BlackThorne (an old blizzard entertainment game).

STORY SUMMARY

(Will be more elaborated later...)

You are Ryan, an agent from a rebel secret group division.

"All we see from here, is darkness. We have been doomed with nothing left except fear and dispair. We are in 2503, the New Order forces have taken down everything, they taken our homes, our lives. I tried to stop them but got arrested and been thrown in a cell very deep in a fortress. I don't know where i am, how to get out of there. But one thing is sure i must stop them no matter what!"

• Ryan Grimmjack

Basically, you must find your way out of the fortress. This will also include side objectives.

PLANNED FEATURES

• Cross-platform: Win32, MacOS, Linux.
    • Available in French and English.
    • DRM-Free.
    • Gamepad and keyboard support.
    • Retro art style game.
    • Progressive story with an bit of humour.
    • "Old-school" survival inventory management.
    • Open format with possibility of creating your own scenarios and levels with Tiled.
    • More than 100 levels, non-linear progression with mission objectives.
    • Try many different approach to complete your objectives.
    • Many objects and weapons to find in order to progress in the game.
    • Hide yourself in shadow to avoid conflicts or ennemy fire.
    • Hi-jack terminals in order to open new paths of exploration, obtain tactical critical data for your mission or simply to disable security device in order to progress in the game.
    • Sequel to the story planned as a DLC with new content, graphics, etc.

AVAILABILITY

I don't want to advance myself yet but the engine is almost finished. (Around 75% ...)

A kickstarter will fellow in May-June. Hopefully this look interesting to any of you If you have any questions or feedback they are very welcome!

Website should be up soon!

Thanks for your interest and your support!

• Screen shots look awesome!

I'm a huge Metroid fan and it makes me really happy to see someone reference a Blizzard game that's not Diablo or Starcraft!

Blackthorne was one of my favorite SNES games. Can't wait to see more!

• Screen shots look awesome!

I'm a huge Metroid fan and it makes me really happy to see someone reference a Blizzard game that's not Diablo or Starcraft!

Blackthorne was one of my favorite SNES games. Can't wait to see more!

Thanks for your comments! Blackthorne was also one of my favorite SNES games. Expect the same kind of combat system along with the same kind of ambiance. This is basically what i want to bring on.

• This really looks promising! Cool graphix!

• Nice gfx

• Looking very good! Any chance we get a demo level or sth like that? Or a gameplay video at the very least?

• Looking very good! Any chance we get a demo level or sth like that? Or a gameplay video at the very least?

Yes. Expect something in a week or two. I just have few graphics to integrate first with inventory, tablet integration and it will be done. Obviously there will be some features not there such ennemies and terminal pirating. But the training scenario is very playable up to a few levels since this is only a prototype.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry for the delay. I wanted to release my website about the project first before releasing any prototype or demo and it take a lots of my time. Stay tuned! I will update this thread when available. Thanks for your support!

• Wow sweet artwork. This looks really nice. Are you making that artwork yourself Rushino? Can I ask, are you planning to make the whole game in C2?

I will totally follow this, and would probably donate to your kickstarter.. looks v interesting.

• Looks really promising and definitely commercial quality. You should consider porting this to the Ouya

Keep it up!

• Looks really good.

Could we have a chat about how you're going to integrate custom levels, tablet and dlc?!

• Hi,

Thanks guys!

No i didn't make the graphics. I am more a programmer than an artist so the graphics have been outsourced. The guys that made the graphics did an amazing job and if the campaign is a success i will definitivly ask him to add more to the game! The game is 100% made with Construct 2 using the Node-Webkit export which enable to publish a Linux and MacOSX port of the game. Only the native screen resolution changer have been coded in C# since Construct 2 is an HTML 5 based game.. there are Windows stuffs unavailable such changing native screen resolution that must be done using some other ways. I wanted badly to export this to OUYA or some more mobile platform but i am not sure yet if this will work due to the fact that my game is rather "OPEN" in the way that you can make your own scenarios in XML (Which one of the Android export doesn't support, i didn't tried Crosswalk but so far i have no evidence it support native file system access which is something needed at some point) but i will check out the options for sure.

Thanks for your comments! They are really motivating!

• Looks really good.

Could we have a chat about how you're going to integrate custom levels, tablet and dlc?!

Why not! Send me a PM.

• Well you definitly found some quality pixel artists to do your graphics for sure.

I read your tutorial for importing tile maps from Tiled into C2 Rushino. Are u using that method to build your game maps for this game?

• Well you definitly found some quality pixel artists to do your graphics for sure.

I read your tutorial for importing tile maps from Tiled into C2 Rushino. Are u using that method to build your game maps for this game?

Maps are created in Tiled and then the game read them.

So yes, i am using the same technique. The idea is that Tiled format is XML.. so basically you can do what you want. You only read what you need. There nothing fancy. But the format is open. Which mean anyone can modify it. This can be problematic with some games.. but not with mine cause anyway there is no reason to encrypt it or blocking access to it. If the player want a good experience... he won't cheat by opening the file and modifying it. He could but what the point in the end ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)