Bleak Fortress !

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 am

look pretty awesome1
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:15 am

Ok thanks for that information Rushino. Unfortunately much of your explanation goes over my head because I am not a programmer, I'm an artist :) ...

I have worked with Tiled in the past when making graphics for other people's games, so I know its a nice program to use.

I am planning to make a tile-based platformer game, so thats why I am so interested in your approach here. However, I think for my project I will first try to use C2's inbuilt tilemap support. Hopefully its good enough for making a simple game like what I plan to do.

Looking forward to Bleak Fortress Demo!
Last edited by Artpunk on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Rushino wrote:Hi,

Thanks guys!

No i didn't make the graphics. I am more a programmer than an artist :-) so the graphics have been outsourced. The guys that made the graphics did an amazing job and if the campaign is a success i will definitivly ask him to add more to the game! The game is 100% made with Construct 2 using the Node-Webkit export which enable to publish a Linux and MacOSX port of the game. Only the native screen resolution changer have been coded in C# since Construct 2 is an HTML 5 based game.. there are Windows stuffs unavailable such changing native screen resolution that must be done using some other ways. I wanted badly to export this to OUYA or some more mobile platform but i am not sure yet if this will work due to the fact that my game is rather "OPEN" in the way that you can make your own scenarios in XML (Which one of the Android export doesn't support, i didn't tried Crosswalk but so far i have no evidence it support native file system access which is something needed at some point) but i will check out the options for sure.

Thanks for your comments! They are really motivating!

I'm interested to know what you mean by changing the resolution with C#, could you please enlighten me?
have you modified the node-webkit exporter?

great looking project so far ;)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:22 am

Nah. I am just saying that Construct 2 is an HTML 5 engine by nature. Which mean it doesn't have access to the native resolution from the OS. Even the Node-webkit can't do that (even if its a native wrapper around that) so in order to make my app change the native resolution, i had to make a custom C# application that actually list the resolution modes and enable to change the resolution before starting the game. This only work on Win32 build for now since i don't know Linux or MacOSX.

Thanks guys for the interest in the project! I will post new updates soon!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:36 am

Inventory screenshot for you guys until more to come!

B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:46 pm

Rushino wrote:Inventory screenshot for you guys until more to come!

The handgun looks cool. Any more screen shots showing other weapons :?:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:09 am

@Artpunk
There is a futuristic rifle but it is not actually implemented in the prototype so i can't show you it yet. ;-) I plan to add more weapons to be available if the kickstarter campaign is a success.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:10 am

I am proud to announce the official launch of my website ! http://www.pyroswarm.com :D more screenshots available in the BLEAK FORTRESS section.

Thanks! More to come stay tuned!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:56 am

Hi everyone!

Just want to point out that the prototype of the game is ready. But i am not release it to public right now. So for thoses interesting in testing the game please look here : looking-for-testers-for-bleak-fortress_t103248

Send a PM and i will shoot you the link,

Thanks for your interest!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:21 am

Just a word to say that the project isn't dead! After taking a little pause during summer, i am working hard to bring something to the table. Actually i am polishing it so it will look better once the prototype get released. I plan to add some more features just before releasing the prototype! Stay tuned and thanks for your interest!

controls.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests