Bleeding Fingers Contest

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:22 pm

I can't open "http://www.hanszimmerwantsyou.com/" site, is it working fine for you?!
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:25 pm

I was afraid that this would happen and therefore submitted my songs quite early. When I was doing it I could see that about 4-5 submissions were made per second. And the rush was only just beginning^^

I'm sure the site is down due to the enormous participation (the last allowed day just started). I will have a look tomorrow and inform when the site is up again.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:39 am

Wow I love hearing such music that just transport you to another fantasy realm! Sorry, I just saw your post now, I might be a bit late, but I would still like to give you my support for the competition. I too choose the melancholic version. The extreme version was too chaotic for me as well. I think it is due to the rapid cross between left to right channels. Hehe and also too much distorting of the singing voice for my taste.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:55 pm

The website is up again! Since the competitions timeframe was extended until February 24 you should expect that site to break down again at that day :lol:

The top three will be nominated at or around March 20, so there's plenty of time for you to help me :oops:

How you can help? I'll quote myself:
tulamide wrote:I decided to take the risk and submitted both tracks. You can see them here (melancholic mix) and here (extreme mix)

On those Bleeding Fingers pages you can vote, like, dislike and comment. Would you do that?

@rekjl Thank you very much for your comment! If you still want to help: See above :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:04 am

The melancholic mix is slightly bland, but it's the better of the two in their current state. I understand where you're going when the extreme mix, but as it stands, that version has danced on the wrong side of that extreme line.

Btw: Cool work. With a tiny bit of fine tuning, your work could be classic.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:32 am

@tulamide :mrgreen: voted!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:42 am

@tulamide

Let me be the first to say I liked the Extreme Mix better. Yeah, I know, I'm a contrarion... :twisted: Guess I'm more of an aphex twin guy than a zimmer-man.

Anyway, fav'd 'em on soundcloud and voted in the poll, but zimmer's site won't come up...oh well, try later.

p.s.

Followed you on soundcloud. Check out my tracks if the spirit moves you...
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic