Blend mode (Destination In) in Chrome & Node.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi I have a little problem with the blend mode (Destination In) when I preview in Node & Chrome. I have not tried to export the project. Made some searches here but to no avail. Is it possible that I have missed that blend modes not work in chrome or node? Or am I doing it wrong?

I have a sprite with "Destination In" to be masking a sprite under it in the same layer.
My game Petrolhead Tactics is now on Steam Greenlight. I could not have done this without C2 ? Please rate, if you like!

Steam client already open: petrolheadtactics.com/steam
Web: petrolheadtactics.com/greenlight
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Can you post a capx and a bit more about how you want the masking to work? When you say " to be masking a sprite under it" you mean that you want the first Sprite to mask out (make it invisible) the second Sprite?
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Thank you @eli0s for your reply.
Well what I'm trying to achieve is to mask a sprite that will serve as a cooldown.
It should look like this:
These are the pieces.
And this is what the Destination In sprite look like.

I'm missing something aren't I because Destination In should mask whatever lies behind it on the same layer. Wrong?
My game Petrolhead Tactics is now on Steam Greenlight. I could not have done this without C2 ? Please rate, if you like!

B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Make sure that in the layer's properties, "Force own texture" is set to "Yes". Also make sure that the z-order of the sprites is correct based on your chosen blend mode.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:09 pm

@Monumental I am still not sure what exactly you're after. You want the "green bar" Sprite to cut a hole on the "radar" Sprite...? If yes, Perhaps an other blending mode is needed. Check the capx.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:42 pm

Thank you @GeometriX & @eli0s you are very helpful. The fault was mine in one of the many events I asked the cooldown sprite to lay behind the radar pegs and not the mask. Uploaded a build on petrolheadtactics.com force own texture was helpful. Thank you again!

B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General