blobber gear demo

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Plus he knew I was going to be reading the thread and haven't downloaded it yet.

[size=85:3jleix4u]I swear he's got powers ... just take one look at his avatar.[/size:3jleix4u]
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:38 pm

Ooh, just checked it out ... VERY cool.

I am curious about why you couldn't do this in other programs. What is it about Construct that allows you to that others don't have?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:06 am

curious why youd ask

and to answer that question there are a multidude of reasons

first off, no other gamemaking program has the ability to handle physics like construct does, secondly, i find the interface and overall setup of construct to be top notch. i also support it because its open source.

the Hardware acceleration also alows me to add effects, like the blobing shader i invented, without hardware acceleration it would be impossible to have that liquid effect (at a tolerable speed at least).

ontop of all this construct can rotate sprites very well. you can give it a number like 143.15235 and it will rotate it said amount, in MMF2 the rotation is locked to 360 different angles, you would get a rotation of 143 if you gave it that number.

construct is also very fast, much faster than any other game making software that ive tried.

and finally i use construct because ive tried most other event based game making programs, and they just arent anywhere near as good as construct.

technically i could make this game in MMF, but it costs way too much, and to be blunt, its not anywhere near as polished as construct even tho its only in its BETA stages.

(gamemaker is terrible, i wont even consider it)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:43 pm

And I guess that the blobber's flexible tube is pretty impossible to make without sprite distortions. As far as I know, there aren't those in any other programs.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:34 am

I thought the tube was made from a chain of small sprites that just angle and position themselves to a spline? At least that's how it was done in an older version...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:48 am

Looks pretty cool. I like it how do the blobs blend together like that? I looked at the cap and its white but it shows up as orange in the editor. I was thinking this effect would make a good water engine so any help would be appreciated.
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:25 am

[quote="deadeye":15jc8vpf]I thought the tube was made from a chain of small sprites that just angle and position themselves to a spline? At least that's how it was done in an older version...[/quote:15jc8vpf]

It still works this way, it has nothing to do with sprite distortion Drasa.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:53 am

[quote="QuaziGNRLnose":2q9h3ryb]curious why youd ask
[/quote:2q9h3ryb]

There are only a small number of reasons why I ask. First because I am very new to event based game programming and I'm not familiar with any option other than Construct. Second because I like Construct and I very much enjoy reading people more experienced than I write about how great Construct is.

Thx
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:20 pm

[quote="Davioware":3uvc81bd][quote="deadeye":3uvc81bd]I thought the tube was made from a chain of small sprites that just angle and position themselves to a spline? At least that's how it was done in an older version...[/quote:3uvc81bd]

It still works this way, it has nothing to do with sprite distortion Drasa.[/quote:3uvc81bd]

Ah, okay :D I thought it was a distorted sprite since it looked so... solid :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:37 pm

[quote="Drasa":2knmx17j][quote="Davioware":2knmx17j][quote="deadeye":2knmx17j]I thought the tube was made from a chain of small sprites that just angle and position themselves to a spline? At least that's how it was done in an older version...[/quote:2knmx17j]

It still works this way, it has nothing to do with sprite distortion Drasa.[/quote:2knmx17j]

Ah, okay :D I thought it was a distorted sprite since it looked so... solid :D[/quote:2knmx17j]

yea its really well made. theres a nice block of code to it. XD
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations