Block Forever!

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am

Download version 1.1 (Game Jolt is experiencing some technical difficulties now, so click here to go directly to download page if initial link doesn't work)

Changes
- New weapon added (rapid-fire)
- New item added (Ammo)
- New sound effect added for Ammo
- Redone player and enemy sprites
- Redone level design
- Points rewarded for killing air enemy increased from 50 to 60

Images (click to enlarge)

As always, I'm looking for impressions! Love it? Tell me! Hate it? Tell me! I can't effectively continue improving different aspects of the game if I don't have constructive feedback!

I hope you enjoy!

PS - why can't I edit my original post? Does this forum implement a time limit? I wanted to update it with all the latest information...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Have you thought about using a circle texture for the particle effects so they're not all squares? Or did you deliberately want that style?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:31 am

A special thanks to deadeye for updating the original post :mrgreen:

[quote="Ashley":30irmmag]Have you thought about using a circle texture for the particle effects so they're not all squares? Or did you deliberately want that style?[/quote:30irmmag]
I thought about changing it, but I really liked the block style. I initially went for a more realistic look using a plasma technique but ended up making it blockish as I thought it looks pretty neat.

Does it look bad? I'm obviously biased as it's my creation though I don't mind experiment with other techniques.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:43 am

I'm sorry for the one month bump, but I'm just wondering if anyone has some tips for the next version. Which area needs a major improvement? I currently have two weeks of holiday and I'm planning to get some work done. If there's no reply, I'll put this project aside and I'll just focus on my remake of Block Dude (what's with my block obsession?).

Any advice appreciated, good or bad.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations