Block other layers when Visible

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi all,

Simple question: I'm actually playing alot with the layers visibilities, and I want one of them, called "Screen Message" to, when he appears, be the full priority, by this I mean I want it to "block" anything that is BEHIND it, so we can't interact with any of those elements that are behind.

Thanks for incoming help!

Regards.Lapstern2013-07-22 19:34:24
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Sounds like you want to move the layer to the top, and use System object action "Set time scale" to 0 when you want to pause the game, is that what you mean?
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Exactly!
The "Set fixed FPS > 0" woks too.
Thanks dude
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Giving another life to this thread...

Actually I don't know why but with my new .cap file those system actions like Set fixed FPS or Set timescale aren't working for me at all.

I've got "animated" buttons, so when the mouse is under the object, it goes to the frame 2, and gets back as soon as the mouse goes away, very simple.
But I have special sequences in my game when the user is questioned, with a transparent black sprite, text and sprite objects, and during theses sequences I need only the special layer to work, and block the other ones.

How could I do that?
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Hmm, not sure, can you upload a cap?

And I guess an easy way is to put that layer at the top and set the whole layer to visible/invisible as needed.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic