Blocking issue regarding project opening/creation

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hello everybody,

I do not know if it is the correct place to post this, but I encounter the following matter when I try to open a project:

• I can select the project to be opened (i.e.cap file) but when I confirm, the project is not loaded into the construct application.

For example, if I try to open a demo file (such as barrels, physic demo or whatever) construct does not open the project and left the interface sceen blank.

The same kind of behavior is observed when I try to create a new application based on a template.

The laptop I used is a PB EasyNote DT85, Core2 Duo P7350, 4go, Nvidia GForce GT240M, Windows7 32bits Home Prenium, DirectX 11.

The version of construct is the last one at the time being.

Note that with some files, construct is able to open it (i.e. it is the case for the canvas demo).

If somebody can help me to find out the solution to set construct able to open and create some project files, I will really appreciate.

In advance, manay thanks.

• first look on the project tab to see if there is a folder named Application (or somthing else) then double click on it.

If there is nothing:

well do you have the latest C++ runtime ?

and updated your DX

if yes, then try to redownload and reinstall Construct

Thats all i can do for now. A screencap would be usefull .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sounds like your getting some issues with the files starting in minimized mode.

There should be a icon with 2 squares at the top right under the main close x, and next to the project close x, or the maximize button as you might know it.

• newt, , many thanks for your attention,

Regarding the C++ Runtime installed:

• MS Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
    • MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistribuable (installed by 17/feb/2010)
    • MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistribuable (installed by 21/jun/2010
    • MS Visual C++ 2008 ATL Update kb973925 - x86 9.0.30729.4148
    • MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistribuable - x86 9.0.21022.218
    • MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistribuable - x86 9.0.30729
    • MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistribuable - x86 9.0.30729.17
    • MS Visual C++ 2008 Express SP1 - Francais

Regarding the Dx installed:

• DirectX 11 (I do not have any other information on the DX Api version installed) but his is an extract of the DXDiag report tool:

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 9/25/2010, 20:10:42

Machine name: PB_EASYNOTE

Operating System: Windows?7 ?dition Familiale Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

Language: French (Regional Setting: French)

System Manufacturer: Packard Bell

System Model: EasyNote DT85

BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3066MB RAM

Page File: 1384MB used, 4747MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Regarding a screenshot, I can provide one, but in fact there is nothing to see as the loading operation of a .cap file fails 99.99 % of the time (and whatever the .cap file, offical demo, my own creation or creation of anybody ...). The symptom is clearly simple: --> I try to open to .cap, the loading windows appears very briefly then disappears and nothing else happens, the Construct user interface stays exactly in the same state than before my tentative of .cap file loading.

Regarding installation, desinstallation and reinstallation it was done many time with the lastest Construct versions and nothing had changed.

I just noticed that I had 2 C++2005 redistribuable installed, may be the matter is coming from this double entry ?

In any case, many thanks again for your ideas.

• At the end, after another reinstallation it seems to normally work again but I had to remove the previous C++ 2005 Redistribuables already installed on my laptop, then I followed the construct installation as usual and I can now open any .cap file ... So a very strange behaviour, but at the end it works .... so ...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)