Blot: Gravity Platformer

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:25 pm

I have some strange thing to tell, i just cant play, on the menu, when blot get out of the logo he pass through the plataform, and i cant choose any doors...
Maybe it is something with the fps, i think my pc is running it with 5 fps, or worse...

Sorry, i know that my pc is old, but its unlikely to make a indie 2D game that can only be played on newer computers, someone that has a new computer will play the "new ultra-power generation games", otherwise it will only be played by people that support the indie games cause.

Maybe a grafic config option on the initial screen can fix that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:15 pm

[QUOTE=Metal_X] I have some strange thing to tell, i just cant play, on the menu, when blot get out of the logo he pass through the plataform, and i cant choose any doors...
Maybe it is something with the fps, i think my pc is running it with 5 fps, or worse...

Sorry, i know that my pc is old, but its unlikely to make a indie 2D game that can only be played on newer computers, someone that has a new computer will play the "new ultra-power generation games", otherwise it will only be played by people that support the indie games cause.

Maybe a grafic config option on the initial screen can fix that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for you feedback.

Can you tell you PC specs?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:47 pm

AMD Athlon XP 2.4
1024 MB ram
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB

Windows XP
DirectX 9.0c

I said that blot pass through the plataform, but looking now he just disappear when touch the ground.

Wow, now i tested again and it works, but when i enter the Play door he goes to the other room and passed through the ground and fall forever, thats very strange...

And all that with 5 fps, or worse.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:10 pm

It's wrong to thing that Indie games must run on all pcs. They usually have simple visuals because it's less demanding in manpower and saves a lot of time(and money). Just take a look at Bastion's system requirements...

Also, my Pc is old, so it's impossible to me to make a game that only runs on high end computers.
I have a dual core 2.33, 2gb of ram, and a Nvidia quadro 512mb.

The game only requires 20mb of vram, there's no reason why it runs slow for you.

I play it at 60 fps, even with the light effects on, which are disabled by default(you can turn them on in the "Modify" door).

Try updating your graphic drivers.

Is anyone else heaving performance problems?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:16 pm

This game looks fantastic.I ran the game on three different setups from a low spec 1.6 Ghz dualcore with a 128 meg gfx card to a highend intel core I7 Spec pc.There was no performance loss on all three.

The second test was on a Intel I3 laptop.
Keep up the great work.

Your artwork is great.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:59 pm

I tried it, but it was really hard! Espcially since i had to remap my keyboard. It looks great,runs good.

- It's hard to see doors. the background should be darker
- the inverted controls are really hard to get used to!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Wow, that artwork looks stunning!
I always used the editor in construct to create my sprites, that's why my games don't even look close to your games. I'd love to know which software you used and how you managed to create those sprites and backgrounds.
How do you get your graphics look so "new", mine always look kinda NES/oldschool like?!)

Would be cool if you could explain it a bit further. :)

Btw. Hello everyone! I've been lurking these forums some weeks already, but today I decided to sign-up over here. :Pjanroth2011-11-08 20:04:52
B
G

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Don't forget that the main reason that games with impressive graphics such as this one look so good is that because generally, the person who made the artwork has some genuine artistic talent... software doesn't do it for you ;)

I'm guessing the 'new' look to the graphics might refer to the lack of pixellated edges which is a common look amongst retro sprites. Since it's free, download GIMP and experiment with painting using anti-aliased brushes, and also be sure to search google for tutorials on digital painting to get to grips with the fundamentals! :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Thank's for the quick reply!
Some time ago, when i didn't even think about creating my own game,
(since I didn't know about construct back then) I already looked up a bit about digital painting, inspired by those speedpainting-videos on youtube. But I let the idea fall after I read that a graphic tablet is necessary for it.

Do you need such a graphic tablet for this kind of game-artwork, too?

@pyteo: Did you use a graphic tablet for this project?

Edit: Does this kind of artwork have a special name? I mean something like for example "Pixelart".janroth2011-11-08 21:51:16
B
G

Post » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:52 am

[QUOTE=untune]...the main reason that games with impressive graphics such as this one look so good is that because generally, the person who made the artwork has some genuine artistic talent... software doesn't do it for you ;)[/QUOTE]

This.

The best software is the kind that you're not fighting against to get it to do what you want... that's about it.

Also, unless you're a crazy person, use a tablet.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations