Board Horde Stats Update

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 10:13 pm

@mineet @harrio

Thanks for the encouraging words.

The menu and assets are coming together well. I'm currently trying to make the Retro Lettering used in the game into a webfont, as at the moment its all done with individual sprites which is a bit of a wasteful way to do things. Once I've sussed that out, I'm hoping to possibly squeeze in a scoreboard which will allow for a few new victory conditions (score based and kill based) and might give me a fair shot at adding in a few random Choose Your Own Adventure style events.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi folk,

I've just added the latest version of Board Horde to the front page. It still needs a lot of tidying up in places, but it should give you a rough idea of how its progressing. The a.i. works a lot better, though there's still a few tweaks I need to make to the routine (mostly to stop it thinking its going to tread on a trap, when it isn't). I also need to delete unused assets, shrink oversized assets, properly cue up some of the new Sfx, etc.

Anyway, please let me know what you think so far, and whether you encounter any bugs or problems.

Appreciated, as always.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 8:56 pm

@Dave Hailwood,

i made one tactically wrong decision, and paid dearly for it. your ai has passed muster sir...lol.

B
S
G

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 9:36 pm

@Dave Hailwood,

Like the updated styling of the game, and the new board configuration. Seems like the A.I is working really well too!

Nice job! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 19, 2013 10:01 pm

@blacksmith

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad the a.i.s behaving in a bit more challenging fashion. Very well done with Hexzul, by the way. Even if I still haven't scored a single darned point I enjoyed playing it, and thought it a very nicely put together puzzler.

@harrio

Nice to hear the computer has been trying its best against you. Get some practice in, and once I have implemented scoreboards we'll be able to see who is the true master; man or machine!
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 8:18 am

@Dave Hailwood,

Thanks, it was a nice surprise! I'm in the process of adding a hint option, so keep trying you'll score that point yet ;)

Let me know when you've uploaded Board Horde to some social sites, and I can get my friends to check it out!

Blacksmith2013-05-20 09:23:46
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Crashed for me at this point in the game. :-/

My opponent had just rolled and finished his move, landing on a monster, but it got stuck there. And I was going to win, I just know it!
B
S

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 6:46 pm

@cklester

Aw, man! And 'Your Mom' was doing so well too! Unfortunately that's a persistent bug that I've tried to get rid of many times, but it still keeps coming back for seconds. If I can't locate the source of the problem I might try putting in a fall-back botch job solution (such as- if hero is in collision with enemy, and collision routine has ended, kill enemy). The other real game breaker that only seems to happen on Internet explorer is that sometimes the 'corner detection' array doesn't fire, and the heroes walk right off the board. Also it occasionally has troubles getting past the loading screen when played for the second time on Safari.

Once I have sorted out the bugs and put in a scoreboard, I look forward to seeing Your Mom place highly. Thanks for taking the time to play the game and provide a screenshot of the bug at work.

@blacksmith

Just replayed Hexzul. Great tutorial, and I'm happy to announce that I actually scored some frikken points! For me, it was just like that bit in the Matrix when Keanu announces 'I know Kungfu!'. Oh yes, 80 entire points! Come get me, world! I'm bulletproof!!!
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Oh, I had a suggestion... If I only have one piece on the board, it's not really necessary for me to choose him/her. Know what I mean? Just move the piece automagically for me. :-)
B
S

Post » Tue May 21, 2013 8:42 am

Nice work @Dave Hailwood, and that's all without the help of the upcoming hint option (just think of the possibilities then!! ;)

Don't forget to post where you've uploaded Board Horde, and I'll help to spread the word!!!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations