Bone Movement Behavior example (0.98)

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:52 am

Are you planning on adding different bone lengths at any point? It's annoying to zoom out while editing an animation but the bones stay the same size. Either way, this is really awesome and I'm currently replacing all of my canned animations with bones. :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:31 am

I don't quite understand how this works. But could you tell me if it's possible to make ragdolls with this?

Like this:
http://www.yeeguy.com/freefall/ ??

If so, that would be amazing. Is it possible?

I know I should be trying it out myself, but right now I am still kinda figuring it out.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:41 am

I think you could do that with hinges.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Yeah you have to use physics to do that. However, I'll try to think up some method where you can quickly convert your bone structure into a physics ragdoll, because that would be awesome if when you character dies it just turns into a rag doll :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:30 pm

[quote="David":3aaj2fb1]Yeah you have to use physics to do that. However, I'll try to think up some method where you can quickly convert your bone structure into a physics ragdoll, because that would be awesome if when you character dies it just turns into a rag doll :)[/quote:3aaj2fb1]

haha, yes! that would be sweet. :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:20 am

Oh damn so I finally got around to installing the new version, and this is the best thing EVER.

I will now start some experimentation to see exactly what bones can really do.

Kudos Rich!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:00 pm

after seeing the bone movement, the first that came to my mind was implementing a system similar to how bones are set up, for the physics behaviour. if you could implement a similar editor for physics that would be amazing, letting us easily set up vehicles and belts, ropes, ect.
you choose a root object (like you do with bones) and then when you press edit you could add other physics objects to the hiearchy in a similar way to how bones work. you could then hinge or fixtate or spring those objects to each other in the editor, in a fashion similar to Phun (while paused).

i find it very tedious and blocky/unprofessional/glitchy to have to hinge a vehicle toghether at the beginning of a layout like we do now, this system would make physics vehicles a breeze. and if youre able to make boned objects into ragdolls (which would be totally awesome!! :lol: ), this shouldnt be that different.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:10 am

That kind a system would make it easy to create all kinds of Rube Goldberg games.

Oh, Google [Bot] just told me that somebody already thought of that idea. Somebody always thinks of ideas before me.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:04 am

so guys, did u find the way to make a ragdoll after the character's death?
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:08 am

[quote="exe2K":1ncptht2]so guys, did u find the way to make a ragdoll after the character's death?[/quote:1ncptht2]

The only way to do that at the moment is to have a clone of each appendage, and these clones would have the physics behavior. When your character dies, you create the clones at the correct positions and angles compared to the originals, create joints between the appropriate physics clones, and then destroy the bone system and it's appendages.

It's a bit of a time consuming process, but it's not too terribly difficult.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your tutorials & example files