bone movement feature ideas

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • I've got few bone movement feature ideas which you may find useful:

1. import/export bone movement with graphics that it is using from/to a file.

2. animation preview

3. modyfing sprites width and height as a part of bone movement

4. naming bones

5. positioning each bone by typing in ther x/y position and rotation degree

• 3. modyfing sprites width and height as a part of bone movement

What if you could put tweenign in for this in the movement. I could make for some really cool looking muscles and stuff.

• There should be a way to remove a bone. (Is this already a feature and I just didn't see it?)

Edit: It apparently is possible. I guess I need to play around with it more.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There should be a way to remove a bone. (Is this already a feature and I just didn't see it.)

You apparently can, but I don't know how it's done since there's no button for removing them.

• Press the delete key on your keyboard.

• Press the delete key on your keyboard.

I figured out my problem; I thought clicking on the little control point would select the bone. Turns out you need to click on the hotspot.

• inverse kinematics are a must for bones and rigging!!!

i don't know if this is possible yet but if it is, i have yet to find out how to accomplish it and if it isn't, there should be a way to have animations like a breathing chest for example in addition to bone movement unless there already is a way to mix regular animations with the bone movement behavious ...

• inverse kinematics are a must for bones and rigging!!!

i don't know if this is possible yet but if it is, i have yet to find out how to accomplish it and if it isn't, there should be a way to have animations like a breathing chest for example in addition to bone movement unless there already is a way to mix regular animations with the bone movement behavious ...

To get a heaving chest you could have the bone movement on a colored square, then attach all of the pieces separately. That would allow you to move the bottom up and down.

• If I designed the bone movement right, it should work with the other movements. For example, if you gave the chest a 'sine movement' and made it increase the width you could create the effect of a chest getting bigger and small by breathing in and out. Anyways I'll look into these suggestions

• Is it possible to use the same sprite across multiple bones? For example, I wanted to make a worm-like creature with just 3 sprites: head, body and tail. The body sprite would be repeated multiple times, but for optimization, I don't want to create 10 of the same body object. If that's not possible, then I guess I'm requesting that as a feature

Maybe a good way to do this would be to have an actual bone object instead of a behavior. Then you can select the bone and assign it a sprite. Just a thought, thats probably more of a rewrite than a feature request.

-Lou

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)