BONES!

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A pack of blood, flesh and bone sounds for War, Battlefield, Medieval Weapon, Fighting, Horror, containing 300 SFXs.
  • Hello, I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips for character animation using bones. I've used bones to animate tree's and simple semicircle rotations but character animation is proving to be difficult.

Also i was wondering, with bones, can you interact with them? For example, say I have a tree with 30 leaves each one attached to the branches via bones, would it be possible to have each leaf twist towards an object or the mouse pointer as it moves dynamically whilst still maintainint their pivot point on the tree?

Any help would be very much appreciated,

here is the project I'm working on...

Thank you for any responses!

Mik

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not with bones, you might try the sine movement set to angle. As far as the overlapping or collision event you will have to disable the movement, and use something like:

leaves.family overlaps at offset pointer
    leaves.family set sine movement deactivated
    leaves.family rotate towards pointer[/code:19ta4njt]
    Then duplicate that and invert it
    [code:19ta4njt]leaves family does not overlap at offset pointer
    leaves family set sin movement activated[/code:19ta4njt]
  • Not with bones, you might try the sine movement set to angle. As far as the overlapping or collision event you will have to disable the movement, and use something like:

leaves.family overlaps at offset pointer
    >leaves.family set sine movement deactivated
    >leaves.family rotate towards pointer[/code:fu2zpiz6]
    Then duplicate that and invert it
    [code:fu2zpiz6]leaves family does not overlap at offset pointer
    >leaves family set sin movement activated[/code:fu2zpiz6]

Nice one, that works well. Spent about an hour teaching myself how to animate walking, turned out pretty neat in the end

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)