Bot Blast (concept) feedback needed

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Message: Mrsuzi is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
This is my first attempt. I guess you always think your ideas are good until someone else sees it :lol: You can follow this link to try out the game: This is just a concept and I wouldn't even call it a demo. I have a lot of ideas for this game but thought I would get some feedback before I invest to much time. If you have any constructive feedback (please remember this is just a concept) I will really appreciate it :D
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Screenshot of the link
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:47 am

Some screenshots of the game
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:07 am

I have played it and I have enjoyed it and I wanted to play more :) This is a good sign, I think the idea is simple yet effective, suitable for mobile. The game itself is very suitable to make with c2, I think you should definately go all the way with this. Congrats. Also please keep us updated, I really enjoyed it. I hope for more gameplay variety in future levels, more enemies, more powerups... Very nice start!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Windwalker wrote:I have played it and I have enjoyed it and I wanted to play more :) This is a good sign, I think the idea is simple yet effective, suitable for mobile. The game itself is very suitable to make with c2, I think you should definately go all the way with this. Congrats. Also please keep us updated, I really enjoyed it. I hope for more gameplay variety in future levels, more enemies, more powerups... Very nice start!

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think I'll give this a go. Will post more ideas and concept art as they develop and hopefully get some more feedback from the forum members to help me out :)
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:22 pm

I love the tank treds, good detail.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:33 pm

dthomasdigital wrote:I love the tank treds, good detail.

Thanks, I also have an animation with the treads breaking of the wheels.
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:34 pm

Liking the idea of this and can see it being a good game fully fleshed out.

A few things I thought didn't work too well or suggestions I think would make the game better:

The way the enemy objects bounce around when you hit them looks odd to me. the way they randomly instantly move and change angle. I think it would look a lot better with a different effect such as bouncing the opposite direction the bullet hit it slightly or gradual movement insteat of instant.

As medipacks and health etc reach the bottom bit they seem a bit too fast for me. Maybe lowering the max fall speed of them a little.

Even when collecting every ammo with two guns equipped I ran out before there was more ammo to collect. This makes the gameplay a little frustrating when waiting for ammo. Especially if it drops in an area you have to charge into tons of enemies for.

Apart from those things I found it enjoyable to play.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:41 pm

mapmerry wrote:Liking the idea of this and can see it being a good game fully fleshed out.

A few things I thought didn't work too well or suggestions I think would make the game better:

The way the enemy objects bounce around when you hit them looks odd to me. the way they randomly instantly move and change angle. I think it would look a lot better with a different effect such as bouncing the opposite direction the bullet hit it slightly or gradual movement insteat of instant.

As medipacks and health etc reach the bottom bit they seem a bit too fast for me. Maybe lowering the max fall speed of them a little.

Even when collecting every ammo with two guns equipped I ran out before there was more ammo to collect. This makes the gameplay a little frustrating when waiting for ammo. Especially if it drops in an area you have to charge into tons of enemies for.

Apart from those things I found it enjoyable to play.

Thanks for all the feedback! I agree with your suggestions. Will definitely need to work on all those areas. As far as collecting the resources, I think there are two possibilities. I can either make the objects fall slower or make the robot move faster. Which do you think would work better?
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:44 pm

I think the robots speed is fine unless you wanted to add a dash on double tap or something similar. Slowing the pickup maximum drop speed I would say will be better.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests