Bot Blast (concept) feedback needed

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Best for runner games, sidescroller, arcade and more!
  • This is my first attempt. I guess you always think your ideas are good until someone else sees it

• Screenshot of the link

• Some screenshots of the game

• I have played it and I have enjoyed it and I wanted to play more This is a good sign, I think the idea is simple yet effective, suitable for mobile. The game itself is very suitable to make with c2, I think you should definately go all the way with this. Congrats. Also please keep us updated, I really enjoyed it. I hope for more gameplay variety in future levels, more enemies, more powerups... Very nice start!

• I have played it and I have enjoyed it and I wanted to play more This is a good sign, I think the idea is simple yet effective, suitable for mobile. The game itself is very suitable to make with c2, I think you should definately go all the way with this. Congrats. Also please keep us updated, I really enjoyed it. I hope for more gameplay variety in future levels, more enemies, more powerups... Very nice start!

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think I'll give this a go. Will post more ideas and concept art as they develop and hopefully get some more feedback from the forum members to help me out

• I love the tank treds, good detail.

• I love the tank treds, good detail.

Thanks, I also have an animation with the treads breaking of the wheels.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Liking the idea of this and can see it being a good game fully fleshed out.

A few things I thought didn't work too well or suggestions I think would make the game better:

The way the enemy objects bounce around when you hit them looks odd to me. the way they randomly instantly move and change angle. I think it would look a lot better with a different effect such as bouncing the opposite direction the bullet hit it slightly or gradual movement insteat of instant.

As medipacks and health etc reach the bottom bit they seem a bit too fast for me. Maybe lowering the max fall speed of them a little.

Even when collecting every ammo with two guns equipped I ran out before there was more ammo to collect. This makes the gameplay a little frustrating when waiting for ammo. Especially if it drops in an area you have to charge into tons of enemies for.

Apart from those things I found it enjoyable to play.

• Liking the idea of this and can see it being a good game fully fleshed out.

A few things I thought didn't work too well or suggestions I think would make the game better:

The way the enemy objects bounce around when you hit them looks odd to me. the way they randomly instantly move and change angle. I think it would look a lot better with a different effect such as bouncing the opposite direction the bullet hit it slightly or gradual movement insteat of instant.

As medipacks and health etc reach the bottom bit they seem a bit too fast for me. Maybe lowering the max fall speed of them a little.

Even when collecting every ammo with two guns equipped I ran out before there was more ammo to collect. This makes the gameplay a little frustrating when waiting for ammo. Especially if it drops in an area you have to charge into tons of enemies for.

Apart from those things I found it enjoyable to play.

Thanks for all the feedback! I agree with your suggestions. Will definitely need to work on all those areas. As far as collecting the resources, I think there are two possibilities. I can either make the objects fall slower or make the robot move faster. Which do you think would work better?

• I think the robots speed is fine unless you wanted to add a dash on double tap or something similar. Slowing the pickup maximum drop speed I would say will be better.

• I think the robots speed is fine unless you wanted to add a dash on double tap or something similar. Slowing the pickup maximum drop speed I would say will be better.

That could be very cool. Maybe have a "rocket blast" upgrade or something....

• Screenshot of new weapon

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)