Boxtory|2D Platformer [DevLog]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:56 am

NN81 wrote:
Cryttexx wrote:Hello guys,
i did a lot of art. Boxes, Traps and so on... I also want to start posting on Tigscource maybe. But today i just want to show you the main character. I would be verry glad about any feedback.
Thank you
Cryttexx

I'm sorry for the long wait, but I've had so many problems and commitments lately, but in the end I also bought a new computer and I could try your game :roll: . really very cute, I do not know if you have been working on it since then, I hope so, because it would be interesting to play it with sound effects music and so many nice levels.
the graphics look great, good ;)

I thank you so much dude. It always motivates me to get feedback. And yeah, i did so much in the last weeks, but just things wich are difficult to show here. I did graphics, new control, new window size, light, fx,...

Soon a verry big update will come.
Hopefully you are exited (-;
Cryttexx
My Project at this time: robottory-2d-platformer-devlog_t190807

(Sorry for my english. I know it is not the best)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Cryttexx wrote:
NN81 wrote:
Cryttexx wrote:Hello guys,
i did a lot of art. Boxes, Traps and so on... I also want to start posting on Tigscource maybe. But today i just want to show you the main character. I would be verry glad about any feedback.
Thank you
Cryttexx

I'm sorry for the long wait, but I've had so many problems and commitments lately, but in the end I also bought a new computer and I could try your game :roll: . really very cute, I do not know if you have been working on it since then, I hope so, because it would be interesting to play it with sound effects music and so many nice levels.
the graphics look great, good ;)

I thank you so much dude. It always motivates me to get feedback. And yeah, i did so much in the last weeks, but just things wich are difficult to show here. I did graphics, new control, new window size, light, fx,...

Soon a verry big update will come.
Hopefully you are exited (-;
Cryttexx

great then, the important thing is that you do not discourage, there may be gray periods a bit for everyone but strength and courage. as long as you are at work it's always good news. look up updates ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:50 pm

Update:
Hello guys,

I did a lot in the last weeks and im sorry that i didnt update the post but i tried to make a bigger update and not a lot of small ones. SO i made a lot of graphics wich you can see in the picture. I tried to make a lighting system and I really need your feedback: Do you like this the circle and the whole light system or would you say its to much? I got diffrent feedback so i would be glad about your opinions.
[center]Image[/center]
List of what i did:
- Made the character animations
- Tilemap
- a lot of traps
- a new light system (your opinion?)
- bug fixes
- a new control
- a new box system (you can now combinate boxes for example a tnt box and a flying box. More deatails next time)
- new window size
- new box graphics
- TigSource page: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=62493.0
- (...)

What i want to do:
- A email list (I know for such a little game its not necassary, but i want to try a bit around with it)
- more grahics
- the HUD
- new box mechanic

@NN81 You are so right. Everyone has this periodes. And that is ok. But personly feedback motivates me every time, so i dont have so many of this periods. I hope you enjoy the update. :)

Thats it for now. Im happy about every feedback.
Cryttexx

B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Cryttexx wrote:Update:
Hello guys,

I did a lot in the last weeks and im sorry that i didnt update the post but i tried to make a bigger update and not a lot of small ones. SO i made a lot of graphics wich you can see in the picture. I tried to make a lighting system and I really need your feedback: Do you like this the circle and the whole light system or would you say its to much? I got diffrent feedback so i would be glad about your opinions.
[center]Image[/center]
List of what i did:
- Made the character animations
- Tilemap
- a lot of traps
- a new light system (your opinion?)
- bug fixes
- a new control
- a new box system (you can now combinate boxes for example a tnt box and a flying box. More deatails next time)
- new window size
- new box graphics
- TigSource page: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=62493.0
- (...)

What i want to do:
- A email list (I know for such a little game its not necassary, but i want to try a bit around with it)
- more grahics
- the HUD
- new box mechanic

@NN81 You are so right. Everyone has this periodes. And that is ok. But personly feedback motivates me every time, so i dont have so many of this periods. I hope you enjoy the update. :)

Thats it for now. Im happy about every feedback.
Cryttexx

hi Cryttexx :D
as I see it, the light system, it can always be a double-cut weapon :roll:
much depends on how you intend to implement it and exploit it, if it has a practical sense or wants to be just an VFX to create a bit of variety in the atmosphere of the game.
anyway, for a detailed feedback you should see it at work, with a gameplay video or at least a small .gif ;)
from what i see in the photo the only thing I think is that with the AAcontrast a bit with the 'retro' style of the prototype, maybe I'd use a fx more pixelated, or cel shaded light.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:10 pm

@NN81 Yeah youre right. At the moment im also not verry happy about this version. But what do you mean with cel shaded light? I decided to leave out the old Tv filter from tge prototype. But what do you think about the light general? I will send you a gif soon.
Thank you
Cryttexx

B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:00 am

Cryttexx wrote:@NN81 Yeah youre right. At the moment im also not verry happy about this version. But what do you mean with cel shaded light? I decided to leave out the old Tv filter from tge prototype. But what do you think about the light general? I will send you a gif soon.
Thank you
Cryttexx

i mean that for lighted-area is better use something not antialiased, someghing pixelated or celshaded to preserve "toon style" of the game ;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:51 pm

UPDATE #2:
Hello guys,
here are a few new informations about the game:
- we now have a website with a Emailnewsletter. Subscribe for special news as fast as possible.
- there are new mechanics: You place boxes with holding left click. Bigger or more important boxes take longer than just a normal wood box (screenshoot next time)
- you can switch between 3 diffrent modes while playing: more moving speed, more plcaing speed, live regenerating
- i included the animations into the game with the collision boxes and many (really many) imagepoints

IF you want more detailed news subscribe the newsletter.
Thank you a lot
Your Stonepunsh Studio Team

A Screenshoot (the light looks just cause of the gif recorder like this...)

B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Cryttexx wrote:UPDATE #2:
Hello guys,
here are a few new informations about the game:
- we now have a website with a Emailnewsletter. Subscribe for special news as fast as possible.
- there are new mechanics: You place boxes with holding left click. Bigger or more important boxes take longer than just a normal wood box (screenshoot next time)
- you can switch between 3 diffrent modes while playing: more moving speed, more plcaing speed, live regenerating
- i included the animations into the game with the collision boxes and many (really many) imagepoints

IF you want more detailed news subscribe the newsletter.
Thank you a lot
Your Stonepunsh Studio Team

A Screenshoot (the light looks just cause of the gif recorder like this...)

Well done, I recommend using only the torch light. Two lights are too many :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Hello guys,

here is our next update. We did a lot in the last weeks.

We did:

- a rain effect system (you can see in the gif)

- a new box place system

- a system with 2nd box you can place

- and animation bug fixes

The new box place system:

In the new box place system you dont just place the box with a click. YOu now must hold the mousebutton for a short time. Rare boxes need a lot longer to place than just a normal wood box. So now we can manage to make a diffrent between the diffrent boxes. This system is nearly ready for the 3 boxes at the moment. But the debuging will take a bit longer.

2nd Box system:

You now have a secound box wich you can also switch with the mousewheel. With the E Key you can switch between changing the first or the secound box. With the rightclick you can place the secound box always. But why should i need the 2nd box? Simple. We now try to make a system that you can combine two boxes. For example: You have TnT Box and a flying box, wich just flys straight to the right. If you combine them the TNT flys for example to the enemy and explodes there. More information about this in our next post.

Stats:

New subs: 2 (both are my emails )-: )We hope we get a few more.

Unsubscribed: 0

Twitter Followers: 18
Our website: stonepunsh-studio.jimdo.com

Thank you for your time

Cryttexx

Leader of Stonepunsh Studio

B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:07 pm

:( Today is maybe the saddest day for the game, but we all know: Where something ends, something new begins.

I think you all know what that should mean. The development of Boxtory is now stopped and probably it will never get finished. It would be to much work to bring a first stable version of the game. The time with the game was a incredeble experience for me. I learned a lot not just about making games. I learned a lot about game feeling and so on, too. The thing i enjoyed most is the community aspect behind making a game. I know this game had maybe 3 guys really followed it. But guys like them are so important for making a game. So thank you a lot for investing the time. I know especially for you @NN81 its really not cool that i stop making this game because you invested a lot of time into this. But believe me, im even more sad. :cry: But why do i stop making this game? Because i realized that i made a lot of mistakes during the development: Mistakes in the code in know just can change very hardly, wrong game design decissions and most important that i thought somebody would be interested in the 5000th hundread just ok platformer. But like I said. There is a new beginning. I have already a new idea for a game. This is not a anouncement for the game but the idea is a Tycoon Buissness Game. You play this game on a platform similar to Winodws. Buy things on a eBay similar page and sell them more expensive. Organize your storage room, creating your own store or make your own products. Sadly i decided not to work with Construct longer. It was the perfect start for making games but with the time you recognize the borders of Construct. My new engine will be Unity. So thank you all, the scirra community, @Tom and @Ashley and especially @NN81 for the great time. :D
If you are interested in the new game idea or the studio, you can follow our newsletter: https://stonepunsh-studio.jimdo.com/newsletter/

I´m glad about every opinion and kind words but also critic. And dont forget guys: Making games is not a hobby, its a passion.
Thank you
Cryttexx :(

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests