Breaking the GNU agreement

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:31 am

On the other hand, I don't need to sell it.
Why should I put all the work in creating a CD with expensive software and paying fees for selling.
I guess I'll just chuck them out my offer. Sounds here like I'm making money from it.
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:31 am

Hi Krush!
Guess you may want to read the email form Aptana he?
You people are really sick, real sick!
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:32 am

#Krush!
You need a doctor, really!
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:38 am

I think it is great that you are spreading Construct out to other users and getting more publicity for Construct. That can't be a bad thing. It would be nice if you actually mentioned Construct in bold when you are selling it. You seem like a reasonable guy. ;-) Heck, you can put together a nice package of everything and make it easier for people to use it (just be straightforward about what you are doing).

However, you have a poor attitude about this whole thing and you are going about selling this all the wrong way.
1. There are probably some license issues with selling Construct, who knows....

More importantly:
2. If you are going to use other people's games as advertisements or part of your product it is courtesy to ask for permission (copyright or no copyright explicitly listed). Since Deadeye never explicitly said it was fine to use his game image you should give courtesy. I'm sure people would not have had any issue if you simply asked. Of course, they may have issue now. :|

It doesn't really matter if you are doing this to help Construct, for fun, or whatever... you still need to ask permission to use other people's work.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:43 am

[quote="cashgangnet":3t8ranub]#Krush!
You need a doctor, really![/quote:3t8ranub]

Like I said earlier, I've seen this before with MFME (fruit machine emulator), and the response from people found to be selling it was the same as we're seeing here.
eBay let too much of this go on, which is why I've used it once or twice in about 5 years.

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:44 am

Fact of the matter is, if he did not include the source, he broke the GPL. He also broke any copyrights where permission was not given for a game or artwork that was posted.

Need to rethink your scam.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:47 am

Some of the prices are not 1.99 (and that's only the starting bid anyway), as I've seen some are 3.99.

The argument that it's merely covering costs isn't true because CD's are cheap and postage is extra anyway.

Anyone who has their artwork or games/demos included should at least be asking for a cut, because he's clearly making money on them.

He's not doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

:lol:
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:50 am

#Scidave
As I mentioned, I made a screenshot of Deadeyes game and placed it on the cover.
Now, that was actually my screenshot. Anyway, I removed the screenshot. No unauthorised game was ever used on a CD and I mean no unauthorised game.
The games CDs I sell are all Open Source under GPL and similar licenses.
I do not steal. We have a small business.
Construct is licensed under the GPLv2! There is no way round it.
The license is clear. As I mentioned, it would help a lot if some people on this forum would read licenses.

#6Fix
So you must know a lot about me and my sales then.
My god, how sick!

#Krush
So, what is the price then? As you seem to know the GPL good, you can tell me!
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:52 am

[quote="cashgangnet":26visuzs]
#6Fix
So you must know a lot about me and my sales then.
My god, how sick!
[/quote:26visuzs]

Only what's in this thread. Someone here was suckered by your garbage and said that the source wasn't there. You broke GPL if true.

On a side note, it won't take many reports to get his account shut down, so we're off to a good start.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:53 am

#6Fix
Tell me, if the source wasn't there, why should I add the source?
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic