Breaking the GNU agreement

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 am

The GPL states you are required to include it if you are going to sell it. I wouldn't care if you had done at least that, but there is still the issue of the peoples work you stole from the forums.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:58 am

That is not true!
Again:
"You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights."

Read - receive OR CAN GET the source code.

There is a link where the source code can be found.
Any questions?
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:02 am

First of all I said "if true," but you are also ignoring the things stolen from the forums.

You sure are quick to defend yourself, being so innocent.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:06 am

"Stolen from the forums"
????????
Anyway, I have other things to do than try to explain other people that never read a license how the GPL works.
I will consider my selling if the Scirra team do not calm some people down and explain them that it is "free" software - or better explain them what "free" means, as they still don't understand the meaning of "free"!
I tried it anyway!
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:07 am

"You sure are quick to defend yourself, being so innocent."

Get a life!
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:09 am

I have a wonderful life thanks, and make more money than you ever will with a legitimate job.

Using someone's artwork for profit without permission is copyright infringement. All they have to do is report it.

Which is all I have left to say. If your IP was stolen, go report his stuff and be done with it. I'm not going to reply anymore :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:12 am

I also will consider legal action as here some posters were suggesting to target my business.
I will not accept this in any way.
Arguing about the license is one thing, suggesting to target my ebay account is something completely different.
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:13 am

6Fix
I will not tell you where the graphics are from, why should I!
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:15 am

I highly doubt this is the actual guy. This seems just to be a pesky troll to me. If it is however the real owner of the business, I must say.. you really are a bitch. What you do may be "legal", but still... what a dick move.

You also shouldn't accuse people of being no-lifers, when you are the one defending yourself on a forum for some open source software.
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:19 am

Games made with Construct are the sole property of the creators of the games. Anything produced in Construct is protected by copyright and is NOT under GPL or any other "open" license. It is a completely separate product and using any games or images from them in a commercial way (or in many cases even noncommercial) is copyright infringement.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic