Browser vs Window... I AM SO FRUSTRATED :/

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi guys, today I tested my game on a medium-strong laptop from a personal url where I have uploaded the game...aaarrghhh... it was really slow on full screen :/

On my pc which is quite strong , the game was always running offline perfectly. Even full screen.

The laptop handels the game a bit better on reduced firefox screen.

The other problem is this: Offline -on run layou-t from Cs2 the game is fine....but now with my same strong pc...online it is slower ...WHY ????

My question is this: Is a Windows exported game faster than a browser game...or are they identical.

Honestly I prefer to have a perfect running game on full screen but only windows, than all graphix reduced and running on browser or mobile ecc...

I am a bit frustrated now... I tried to have all sprites arround 200*200 pixels... maybe a few I blowed up a bit... but If i reduce them i loose to many details of my graphics...

I have read the performance tips.. but still I have performance problems as I could see today...

any experince guys that U like to share for the window vs browser question ?

thanks

• A PC/Mac/Linux exported executable will most certainly always run faster/smoother than a browser game. The former has all the processing power of the system while the later is funneled through the browser program.

Steam Greenlight is not so bad...

• I tested it again...on firefox it was good...on chrome HORRIBLE... is there any setting to avoid that ???

• What operating system? Because XP and Vista you will see massive drop in performance. Depending on memory management (I think, I'm not clued up... something about both systems disabling rendering something or other) Ashley has written about it lots in the forums. Not my area of expertise sorry.

Compare your chrome chrome://gpu/ to your pc one and see what stands out

• Hi i have vindows 7...

It is really hard to work so much time, and see than on other pc or laptops that it becomes sometimes quite slow...

So instead of a browser game maybe a desktop game will be a better idea ? what do U think ?

• Hi i have vindows 7...

It is really hard to work so much time, and see than on other pc or laptops that it becomes sometimes quite slow...

So instead of a browser game maybe a desktop game will be a better idea ? what do U think ?

The issue is... and not really an issue. Your desktop game will be a browser game. Node Webkit is a striped down chrome browser. It has been optimized etc.

I think you should do what everyone does... go through the performance post, checking each and every detail.

Actually do yourself a favor and run a copy of space invaders the c2 one that ashley did. I use it to test it isn't my device (if it runs on my mobile/pc/whatever and my game doesn't then I've done something wrong.

Test, check performance and then check your game from a to z

Physics all the way to third party plugins. Something isn't meshing.

Look, I don't know how big your game is??? And via pc you will see greater performance. But if it works in preview, then there is no reason why it isn't working on export.

Have you run preview over lan on your laptop? I preview on my pc / my laptop, my tv, and my mobile phones.

• Hi thank 4 ur answer

...ehm I simply pressed the button "run layout" on the top bar...that's the preview...isn't it ?

I do not know how to run over lan...is it important ? and if yes...how should I do that ?

the demo space blaster is working fine...is it that one that U mean from Ashley ?

My game is 7 mb big with png on 8 bit...

• Hi thank 4 ur answer

...ehm I simply pressed the button "run layout" on the top bar...that's the preview...isn't it ?

I do not know how to run over lan...is it important ? and if yes...how should I do that ?

the demo space blaster is working fine...is it that one that U mean from Ashley ?

My game is 7 mb big with png on 8 bit...

Yeah, that's the preview, but it also allows you to preview on multiple devices in important. Here is the tutorial

Yip, I think that is the one, lol. If that is working then good news its something you have done - lol, it can be fixed. Bad news is finding the underlying issue.

That's doesn't seem on overly complicated game... no reason it shouldn't be working... unless you use physics etc. I would look at anything performance written by ashley. Google "performance site:scirra.com" and read it all up... it may be something not compatible, it may be you forgot something.

Could be simply that your laptop has maleware... it could be anything. Check on many devices. But you say it works on your pc - that is a good sign

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)