Buddy Bot (Action Platformer)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Best for runner games, sidescroller, arcade and more!
  • Did you ever want to shoot giant exploding Donuts at Bears with fuzzy pink hair? Well now you can!

Here's a link to the lengthy demo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/826 ... index.html

Gameplay is part Mega Man, part Contra, part Action RPG, all "Runner" though it's got a broad selection of levels that aren't randomly generated and some interesting boss fights. Designed primarily for iOS/mobile.

Please note, while the game is fully playable on PC, there are no keyboard controls! I'm currently only supporting touch (or click if you're using the mouse). If you'd like a link to the CocoonJS zip file, please PM me and I'll send it to you.

Any feedback is welcome!

Hope you guys like it!

• Its really a cool game didnt find any bugs.

• Its really a cool game didnt find any bugs.

Thanks for checking it out!

Very happy to hear you didn't find any bugs.

• For anyone who's played, or is interested in the project, I've made some updates based on the feedback I've gotten.

Here's a bullet list:

-Ammo is represented via a meter above the weapon instead of numbers.

-All weapons now share the same ammo, but deplete the meter differently.

-Ammo is refilled at the start of each level.

-Ammo can be upgraded between worlds in the Upgrade menu.

-Enemies and levels have been adjusted slightly.

-Health points in the upgrade shop have been reduced in price.

-Ammo and Life Points show up slightly more regularly during gameplay now.

Here's the link to the PC demo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/826 ... index.html

Remember there are no keyboard controls, as this is intended as an iOS game.

Here are some images showing off the new ammo meter:

Thanks for looking!

• "Did you ever want to shoot giant exploding Donuts at Bears with fuzzy pink hair?"

Greatest. Tagline. Ever.

Thanks for sharing this game. I played it on my PC using Chrome and didn't see any obvious bugs. Fun and silly at the same time. Your Doctor character has a great personality and the humor quotient was high. Fun time. Nice job!

• Greatest. Tagline. Ever.

Thanks for sharing this game. I played it on my PC using Chrome and didn't see any obvious bugs. Fun and silly at the same time. Your Doctor character has a great personality and the humor quotient was high. Fun time. Nice job!

Thanks taokodr!

It's funny the silly lines you can come up with after you've put the kids to bed and are still up at 2 AM.

I really appreciate you checking out the game!

More updates coming soon...

• Its very Great Demo Man !

Thanks !!!!!

• More updates coming soon...

Can't wait to see them!

I think I found a bug. If you click on the numeric part of your coins total on the upgrade screen, you get 500 added to your total. You can do this multiple times.

• I think I found a bug. If you click on the numeric part of your coins total on the upgrade screen, you get 500 added to your total. You can do this multiple times.

Ha! That's actually something I put in for debug purposes and forgot to take out.

Feel free to exploit for now.

• Feel free to exploit for now.

I'm gonna be rich! Rich, I tell ya!!!!

• Looking good. Way to add a new spin on the runner type of games. I was getting board of them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looking good. Way to add a new spin on the runner type of games. I was getting board of them.

Thanks, I appreciate the comment. Runner games have potential to be more than just generic "endless" games. Not that there aren't some great endless runners out there.

I also wanted to make this because all the mega man games on the App Store are terrible, so I figured this could scratch that itch that some hardcore players may have.

I'm trying to wrap up Crying Baby Utopia where you fearlessly take on baby rattles and rubber duckies. Screen shots should be coming up soon...

Thanks again for anyone who's checked out the game!

• Really nice, great graphics and I loved the retro sound. Also extremely difficult on a laptop touchpad

• Really nice, great graphics and I loved the retro sound. Also extremely difficult on a laptop touchpad

Thanks for the feedback peter.

Difficulty on this game is pretty hard to find the right balance for. I don't think I'm anywhere near where I should be, as I think I'm currently suffering from "developer is too good at his own game syndrome."

Obviously I'm trying to adjust the challenge to iOS, but I can certainly see using a touch pad bringing the difficulty to an all new level!

• Well done, a really great game!. Didn't found any bug also, just a minor thing, the font on the Upgrade Menu, it's a little hard to read, but I'm testing it on a big desktop monitor

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)