Buddy Bot (Action Platformer)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Giganten wrote:Great work BigKid

Thanks Giganten!

I forgot to mention that I also included level cinematics when you beat a boss now too that help further develop the story. Not all the dialogue is in place yet, but it's getting there.

Here's what you see after you beat the boss of the 3rd world:

B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:18 am

Wow, great game.. it's addicting to play, especially when you can cheat coins xD
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:19 am

Wisdoms wrote:Wow, great game.. it's addicting to play, especially when you can cheat coins xD

Thanks Wisdoms!

Ha, yeah I've been thinking of incorporating a cheat code to allow you to use the level select and "unlimited" coins when I finally release the game.

It's kind of sad a lot of iOS games don't have fun things like that anymore!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:28 pm

really great :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks MuchaDev :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Hey everyone, just a quick update!

I recently went through Buddy Bot and updated the visuals to be more in line with a late gen SNES title than an early gen Genesis title.

Here are some screenshots:

And lastly I started working on the bonus levels that will unlock if you collect enough Happy Coins after completing the story. They look a little something like this:

Check out one of my earlier posts for a link to the game. Remember to clear your cache!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Awesome work Icarus!!
Please continue post your progress! :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:22 pm

I just want to say the demo is awesome. Reminds me a lot of punchquest, which I'm sure its self is based on other awesome running games. Great job and great blend of concepts!
Developing Surolace, the survival role playing space game.

surolace-survival-role-playing-space-game_t116953
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:08 pm

NaSTy wrote:Awesome work Icarus!!
Please continue post your progress! :)

Thanks NaSTy! I've got some more updates I'm going to post pretty soon... The game is almost ready for release!

skelooth wrote:I just want to say the demo is awesome. Reminds me a lot of punchquest, which I'm sure its self is based on other awesome running games. Great job and great blend of concepts!

I appreciate the lofty comparison! Punchquest is super fun, and I did reference the game while I was working on Buddy Bot. One of the main things I wanted to do differently than that most runners is include actual levels and worlds that the player progresses through and try to present an interesting story.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Add in a bunch of upgrades and I don't think it's just a lofty comparison, it's a lofty competitor :)
Developing Surolace, the survival role playing space game.

surolace-survival-role-playing-space-game_t116953
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests