BUG: Download as JSON on NW.js

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

When executing "Download as JSON" on an exported game, the save location dialog box does not launch

Attach a Capx

This is the capx file https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3y6cly2wk0u90q/download%20test.capx?dl=0

and this is NW export for windows 64 bits https://www.dropbox.com/s/86p3t8qvil36dl7/win64.rar?dl=0

Description of Capx

Only one event: On Sprite.Click > Download Dictionary as JSON

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Click the sprite on the win64 export

Observed Result

When clicking the sprite on Preview - works fine, the save destination dialog box shows

When doing the same on the exported nw - a white window with a "download link" opens up. you can save the file by clicking the link, but it is a major disturbance in the flow

Expected Result

I expect the save location dialog box to open without the intermediate "download link" window

Affected Browsers

NW export

Operating System and Service Pack

win7 sp1

Construct 2 Version ID

r221 + NW.js v13 beta 4

Two additional questions regarding NW:

1. why is the "single instance" option removed?

2. will it be possible to add an option that will allow selecting specific type of export (win/mac/linux etc) - this may save tons of time on exporting big projects that are not targeted to all platforms.

• bump

• I can confirm that your NW export has this weird dialog box, if I export the capx myself to NWjs, it works like it should.

What you could try is:

Uninstall NWjsForC2 and reinstall it. Look if the folder is deleted after uninstall and before reinstall.

Delete the folder with the name of the exe (here downloadtest) in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\.

After that, try export it again.

• Thanks That's encouraging I will tests this later.

I guess the issue is closed since the problem does not reproduce on another system.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as can't reproduce in NW.js 0.13.0-beta5 - works the same as in preview as after export. Besides, the "Download" action normally invokes the browser download UI, and NW.js has no browser UI, so I wouldn't expect this to work in NW.js! You can always just use the NW.js object to write straight to disk.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)