Bug Error Message When Undoing Actions

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Problem Description

Got this bug error message when I was undoing some actions. I had deleted a sprite and events related to that sprite and then decided I needed them back so I was hitting undo to get everything back when the error screen popped up.

Didn't seem to crash and I just closed and opened my last good save where I still had that sprite.

Attach a Capx
____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Description of Capx
____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • Step 1
  • Step 2
  • Step 3 etc.

Observed Result
____ What happens? ____

Expected Result
____ What do you expect to happen? ____

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (YES/NO) Chrome Yes
  • FireFox: (YES/NO)
  • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack
____ Your operating system and service pack ____

Windows 10 64 Bit

Construct 2 Version ID
____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____

Using R243 latest release
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:46 pm

I've had similar error messages when I click undo or redo too quickly. Now I'm careful to not click them too fast.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:19 am

Burvey wrote:I've had similar error messages when I click undo or redo too quickly. Now I'm careful to not click them too fast.

I don't know if it was fast but I had deleted the sprite from the layout and then from the entire capx and then added in some more events and global variables before I decided I needed that sprite back.

I think there was some conflict between the events I added that could not be undone as it would delete a global variable and the two error messages jammed.

Luckily I had saved just before that so no big loss and I probably could have clicked ignore and went on but I didn't want it showing up later and crashing the game.
Banned User
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs