Bug in Turret and LOS combination, then multitargeting

Report Construct 2 bugs here.

Post » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:28 am

Problem Description
This is a bug.
In real time using the Turret and LOS combination Turret target mode incorrectly interpreted and not separately for each facility, and according to a certain sequence all at once (I'm guessing that every tick). This raises a major problem in the Turret no longer respond correctly to the target and not correctly using target mode.

The problem is bypassed through the "For Each" but then there is a problem elsewhere.

Steps to Reproduce Bug
    There are several different ways to provoke this error. Try Turret and LOS combinations for multitargeting. Use solid walls.
    One of them:
    0. Turret range = LOS range; LOS view - 360
    1. The first target must be visible only for first Turret.
    2. The first target must be behind the wall from the second Turret and not seeable for LOS.
    3. The second target must be visible only for the second Turret.
    4. All three steps must be performed one after the other.

Better one time show, than 1000 times tell.

Observed Result
As soon as the second target becomes visible in the second Turret, LOS begins to "ignore" solid wall, because Turret target mode stops functioning correctly (or nearest, or fiurest, every time difference)

Expected Result
Turret and LOS combination - Turret target mode incorrectly interpreted and not separately for each facility, and according to a certain sequence all at once (I'm guessing that every tick).

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (YES)
  • FireFox: (YES)
  • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack
Win 7

Construct 2 Version ID
I try only 176 and 216.

*.capx here: http://holder.lt/capx/TurretAndLOS.capx
Last edited by mcart on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:38 am

There are several different ways to upload an example capx.

"Better one time show, than 1000 times tell."
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:51 am

@mcart

A .capx is required or the report will likely be closed automatically by Ashley.

Also, watch your language - this forum is used by many different age groups and profanity in any form is unacceptable.
I try only 176 and 216. Same s**t.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:47 am

*.capx here:
http://holder.lt/capx/TurretAndLOS.capx
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:48 pm

It seems I have found a simple solution, but I am not sure or do not miss anything.
Also in this * .capx file ( http://holder.lt/capx/TurretAndLOS2.capx ) i give two examples:
1. One example is working, and quite good.
2. On the other practically identical, but there is one bug, then start layout ...

Check the sound What goes on
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:46 am

Friends, I have found a better solution. Improve decision making in the TurretAndLOS 2.capx and fix some issues. If someone interested, contact me.

In the meantime, we look forward to what the moderator said, and what will be their verdict on the bug.
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:05 am

The solution I found and it seems to work:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:55 pm

Your example of not quite right ... If the test better, you'll see that adding more players, and moves with it on the screen, some of Turret start to shoot into the wall. If you try to get rid of the problem, you will see that the turret began gliching then try find target. Also you will see that when a player leaves behind a wall, turret sequence it anyway. But if you really try, and maybe circumvent possible failures.

But turret target mode work good ( I tried the following principle, but personally I refused, for reasons previously mentioned ) ;)

Do not forget about multitargeting.
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:53 pm

I don't really understand the .capx. If I just run it, nothing happens, and I'm not sure if that's the problem or if the problem only happens when I create some extra objects as the instructions say. Turret and LOS are designed to do different things: LOS takes in to account obstacles between the two objects, but Turret does not, so it might just be down to that misunderstanding. Can you make a simpler demo?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi,

New *.capx here: http://holder.lt/capx/TurretAndLOS3.capx

Maybe I wander with logic. But if you look to events shit, you will see WORKING AND NOT WORKING EXAMPLES, with some Differences. (In working example you add "foreach").

Construct 2 not show any alerts, as there is no reason. But do Turret working correctly?
B
S

Return to Bugs