Bug - many creation of object (Number of events&bug)

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:56 am

@OddConfection
Thank you for you answer. I didn't know about count global variables.
But my main bug it doesn't solve.
I'm looking for reasons...

Yet I can not edit a project in which fewer than 100 events.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:02 am

Remove an effect and see if you can then continue editing.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:48 am

@zenox98
Thanks. i will edit top post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Closing, there is no bug here. The free edition does count groups, variables etc. as events towards the 100 limit, even though the editor only numbers event blocks. Please also follow the bug report guidelines when reporting bugs - the original post includes 70-80 events, which is too many to prove it's a C2 bug and not just a mistake in your own events, which is why we ask for absolutely bare minimum reproduction .capx files only.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:09 pm

@Ashley - apologies for posting in a closed bug thread, but I noticed something odd about the capxs posted

@shukra - I just had a look at the capxs you posted to see if you had too many layers or effects which are also a limitation of the free version mentioned in the pop-up in your screencaps, and I noticed you have Families and Subfolders, even though the Free Version doesn't allow these according to the limitations listed here.

How did you manage to add these? Are you using a capx someone else made using the paid version? Maybe it's these and not the events that are preventing you from editing.
Vote for all the Construct 2 games on Steam Greenlight - Find them here
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Ashley wrote:Closing, there is no bug here. The free edition does count groups, variables etc. as events towards the 100 limit, even though the editor only numbers event blocks. Please also follow the bug report guidelines when reporting bugs - the original post includes 70-80 events, which is too many to prove it's a C2 bug and not just a mistake in your own events, which is why we ask for absolutely bare minimum reproduction .capx files only.

Ok, I just want to ask whether it may be bug to be through some events that logically has not lead to bug. Because I make the problematic event on separate layouts, and there is no bug.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:37 pm

@OddConfection
@Are you using a capx someone else made using the paid version? @ yes.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Closed bugs