Bug report guidelines!

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:06 pm

Welcome to the Construct 3 public beta! There's likely to be a fair few bugs early on. You can help us fix any problems quickly and effectively by following these guidelines. There are four things that are always a massive help:

1. Steps to reproduce - how to cause the problem to happen, step-by-step.
2. Observed result - what you see actually happens.
3. Expected result - what you expected to happen instead.
4. Attach a .c3p file - attaching your project is very helpful to make sure we can also reproduce the problem and start diagnosing it. A .c3p file is a Construct 3 project file (the C3 equivalent of a .capx file). You can get a .c3p file by selecting Menu -> Project -> Save as -> Download a copy. Please use a minimal project with the fewest objects and events possible. Ideally you can just create a new empty project, and add the minimal objects and events to demonstrate the problem. This makes it much easier for us to fix your problem.

Construct 3 now also runs across a wide range of systems, from Windows to Android, so please include your full system spec including OS and browser version. Don't forget to mention which Construct 3 version you're using since we will likely be doing regular releases! You can copy the information in the Platform Information dialog to easily share this: go to Menu -> About -> Platform information to see that.

Thanks and happy testing!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:08 pm

The system platform on C3 has lots of info but won't let you copy and paste it so you might consider a way to print that off.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:10 pm

It's set to be selectable. I can click and drag to select its text here. I suppose I could add a 'Copy' button though.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Most of the problems I've found is caused by the interface itself. Do we still need the project file for that ?
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:54 pm

@chadorireborn: If you can provide precise steps that can be reproduced in a blank project, it is fine to just mention "Create a blank project" in your reproduction steps.
Otherwise, do provide capx/c3p projects to help out devs reproduce and diagnose the issues you encounter.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs