Bug with Physics and timescale

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Message: DeXVinogradov can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Problem Description
When smooth change timescale for physical objects do not always stop the calculation. Strength accumulates and after installation timescale 1 once all work.

Attach a Capx
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Nr9qA1YgDeN3I2V05HcTU1c28/view?usp=sharing BugReport.capx

Description of Capx
Every 1-2 seconds to press the buttons one by one Timescale 1 and Timescale 0.
At some point, you'll see the helicopter.

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (YES)
  • FireFox: (NO)
  • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 SP 1

Construct 2 Version ID
Construct 2 r209 (beta)
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:46 pm

I can't seem to reliably reproduce any issue here in Chrome. I've made a change for the next build where it will stop stepping the physics world if the timescale is 0, so the amount of time spent with a 0 timescale should have no effect at all on the physics engine, just in case regularly stepping it with a dt of 0 is causing any kind of problem. I'm going to close this issue for now, please file a new report if you still have trouble after r210 comes out.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:30 am

Ashley wrote:... r210 comes out.

I tested the same file on r210. The error remained.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:57 pm

I'm not sure what to do about this, the physics engine is a big block of someone else's code and I've no idea how it ends up with those forces. Maybe apply less force depending on the timescale?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:50 pm

Ashley wrote:I'm not sure what to do about this, the physics engine is a big block of someone else's code and I've no idea how it ends up with those forces. Maybe apply less force depending on the timescale?

The source code I did not use any force. All calculated by the plugin.
This happens only when the timescale comes to 0 smoothly and at the moment of the collision objects.
Spinning platform is not affected. When a fixed platform the same thing happens.
B
S

Return to Closed bugs