Bugs (Engine Demo 2 - 8/31/09)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:42 am

Just wanted to post up a new shot of the game and give a brief update. I've been working hard on Bugs, and I've made tons of optimizations and tweaks. I think its running pretty well. Enemies are also moving around and attacking now, so I hope to have a new demo up soon to get some gameplay feedback.

I think the pic is too big for the forum, so click on the thumbnail if you want to check out the full size image.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:48 pm

Great Graphics and game. Keep up the good work. :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:26 am

Here is the latest engine demo for Bugs. I ended up scraping the entire project awhile ago and recoding and reorganizing everything. I think it's running much better. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Download Bugs Demo 2

Controls haven't changed but I'll paste them here from the first post.
CONTROLS
d: move right
a: move left
space: jump
ctrl: roll

mouse: aim
left mouse: shoot
middle mouse: throw grenade
right mouse: melee
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:09 am

I like demo 2.
The stage looks great.
the controls keys are to far away to work together well with the mouse.
all in all you have great game play, graphics, but no sound.
I look forward to the next demo.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:40 am

It's awesome. Really well done. If you create some interesting story and cool levels that will be a hit!
PS: running animation is the same when runing forward and back.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 pm

Wow, this is very beautiful indeed!

With a variation of different bugs and challenging levels this could become really awesome. I want to see more! :D

Oh, the running backwards thing looks a little awkward, especially when you're not shooting.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:24 am

Thanks guys.

The running back animation will make a return soon. I had it in the previous demo, but haven't put it in here yet. I also have to do a roll backwards animation. I'm trying to do more with the game design first before I get caught up in all those polish details.

Toralord: Which control keys are too far away? If you mean the roll, I can hit that with my pinky while moving around and shooting etc. Maybe Im just used to FPS games. I'm hoping to use Lucid's custom controls plugin so users can define their own keys anyway, but if i can make the default keys any better, I'm open to suggestions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:10 am

[quote="UberLou":1ytot9sy]Toralord: Which control keys are too far away? If you mean the roll, I can hit that with my pinky while moving around and shooting etc. Maybe Im just used to FPS games. I'm hoping to use Lucid's custom controls plugin so users can define their own keys anyway, but if i can make the default keys any better, I'm open to suggestions.[/quote:1ytot9sy]

well for me the keys a to far away. I never played a FPS game on PC so I don't know the keys.
I play emulators, online flash games, and other pc games.
anyway the keys.
space: jump
ctrl: roll

I would like to see.
space Or w: jump
s: roll
The pinky gets on love at all.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:56 pm

In Bugs Demo 2, sometimes, when the player dies and I click with the right button of the mouse, the player be normal, but without life bar and weapon. However, it fires normaly. This should be a bug. :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:47 am

I agree on the key placement, it did not seem natural to me at all.

However, the game on the whole rocks!! This is really sweet and looks like it could be a commercial game demo almost. You've put some nice effort into this.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations