Bugs (Engine Demo 2 - 8/31/09)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:47 am

I agree on the key placement, it did not seem natural to me at all.

However, the game on the whole rocks!! This is really sweet and looks like it could be a commercial game demo almost. You've put some nice effort into this.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:58 am

Give the bushes sin movement ^^

Also, if you used bone movement (and therefore its easy to change) I'd suggest changing the jumping and falling stance a little bit so the right leg doesn't stay as straight or something.

Otherwise this is looking very professional :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Toralord + scidave: Thanks for the input! I'll look at the keys again and try a more comfortable default set. I was thinking w would be a climb ladder or climb ledge button and s would be ducking, so that might not work well. Maybe f, shift or capslock would be a little bit easier? Maybe double click the left or right movement keys? Hopefully before the next demo, I'll get custom controls online.

David: Yeah, I agree the jump is looking kinda stiff. I'll put some more love into it.

Thanks for that bug scorch.

-Lou
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:12 pm

the controls are a bit clunky. it's hard to aim. x.x

good game, though....though it seems like the bugs will never die.
B
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Am I considered a Sadist if most of the time I spent playing it was spawning a lot of flies then trying to survive, which is impossible because they will all charge at me and kill me at the very first opportunity they get?

It's looking good, nice graphics.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:23 am

I really like this, very well done in terms of polishing and animation. I like the fly's attack code also, it reminds me of those pirate birds donkey kong country 2 ^^. I very much want to see sound implemented in this; it will add so much feeling and atmosphere. The graphics are top notch too, and this is shaping up well. Can't wait to see more. Oh yea, his leg looks like a piston when he jumps :lol: . He just kind of... supermans into the air. :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:38 am

No, that would be masochism :P
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:11 pm

In your latest demo when you are holding A or D and than you press ctrl together with middle mouse button, the character freezes and can't move, only shoot.
It's looking better with every new release, can't wait for a new one. I kinda like searching for bugs (in Bugs :D ) and I would like to help you betatest it. Please send me an email or PM what you think.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:07 am

Looks good (one of the best looking things here) And for me controls are just perfect I only wish I knew how to work so well with bones :/ that would make my day a lot easier
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:48 pm

Just wanted to post an update to my game. I have been working on it steadily (except for Modern Warfare 2 killing a lot of time) and wanted to show a few pics.

Working Cinematics System:

Boring Menus:

Making a World Map:

Some other notables: Saving and Loading are working. Enemies now drop items to restore health, ammo, etc. Reloading and weapon switching are in. There are no other guns to switch to yet but the system works.

If you want to read more, check out my website [url:3q0s24w2]http://www.louisferina.com[/url:3q0s24w2]
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations