Build Failed!!

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Build Failed
Exceeded maximum project size...

Is anyone else getting this error message when they try to build apps using C3??
B
82
S
32
G
7
Posts: 281
Reputation: 10,685

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 11:37 am

How big is your project? IIRC the limit was pretty high.
Scirra Founder
B
395
S
232
G
88
Posts: 24,371
Reputation: 193,762

Post » Tue May 30, 2017 11:02 pm

Ashley wrote:How big is your project? IIRC the limit was pretty high.


@Ashley
I tried it with 2 separate projects,
each of which was only about 68-70MB.
B
82
S
32
G
7
Posts: 281
Reputation: 10,685

Post » Wed May 31, 2017 4:04 pm

I replied on another thread but just to repeat for anyone else landing here.

The max size is 40mb(compressed) 100mb(uncompressed). Also note that the maximum size of an APK on the play store is 100mb...

I might revise the max size to 100mb(compressed) 100mb(uncompressed), but to go any further we would have to implement APK expansion files on the build server and the runtime.
Scirra Employee
B
5
S
2
Posts: 125
Reputation: 873

Post » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Nepeo wrote:I replied on another thread but just to repeat for anyone else landing here.

The max size is 40mb(compressed) 100mb(uncompressed). Also note that the maximum size of an APK on the play store is 100mb...

I might revise the max size to 100mb(compressed) 100mb(uncompressed), but to go any further we would have to implement APK expansion files on the build server and the runtime.

@Nepeo
Do it because as it stands the App export functionality is completely and totally unusable for me...
B
82
S
32
G
7
Posts: 281
Reputation: 10,685

Post » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:37 pm

@STARTECHSTUDIOS we discussed it at our review meeting today and have raised the limit to the 100mb / 100mb value. If you have any more issues related to the max size error please ping me here.

We're not really intending to extend it past 100mb for the time being, because of the extra work required to support APK expansions. Hopefully this will give you enough leeway for your project.

Out of curiosity what are the largest parts of your project? I'm guessing it's images?
Scirra Employee
B
5
S
2
Posts: 125
Reputation: 873

Post » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:53 am

Nepeo wrote:@STARTECHSTUDIOS we discussed it at our review meeting today and have raised the limit to the 100mb / 100mb value. If you have any more issues related to the max size error please ping me here.

We're not really intending to extend it past 100mb for the time being, because of the extra work required to support APK expansions. Hopefully this will give you enough leeway for your project.

Out of curiosity what are the largest parts of your project? I'm guessing it's images?


Sound FX and Music...
B
82
S
32
G
7
Posts: 281
Reputation: 10,685


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest