Build with Cordova Tutorial Series

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Hello, everyone.

I'm not sure this is the right place to post and I'll gladly move this to the proper place if the moderators tell me so.
I just wanted to announce that PART 1 and 2 of the Build with Cordova tutorial series are done. More on its way. Since there are many discussions about alternatives to Intel XDK, I thought I'd create these tutorials to help people build their apps on their own.

Of course, some basic understanding on using command-line tools is needed as well as knowing how to install Java and some required dependencies. But I tried to make things beginners friendly. Let me know if I can improve anything:

Building with Cordova - PART 01 - Setting Up
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/4844/building-with-cordova-part-01-setting-up

Building with Cordova - PART 02 - Build an Android App
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/4846/building-with-cordova-part-02-build-an-android-app

Building with Cordova - PART 03 - Build a Windows App
<Not yet available>

Comments, constructive criticism and suggestions are welcome as always!
Best regards,

Andre
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Been looking for a good alternative to Intel XDK! Saved for future reference. Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Thank you for these great tutorials.
What are the advantages of doing it like this instead of going through Intel XDK?
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:18 pm

Thank you, @caad8user and @mercedescolomar.

@mercedescolomar: Actually, in comparison, no advantages. Intel XDK works great. But some users may want to have more control on their builds. Once you configure things to work with Cordova and have patience to learn and make all the necessary adjustments, you will be able to have more control and have a single configuration for every platform and also a single project folder.

You can then backup that Cordova project folder and you'll have everything you need to build your project in all platforms Cordova can build provided you go through the prerequisites and install the necessary files, a one time operation in most cases.
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General