Building a menu for RPGs??

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Isometric Stategy Roleplay Game Building and Streets Pack.
  • As I look at it, I don't think COnstruct is able to make a movable menu screen. Menu screen meaning the screen that shows the char's items, partymembers, equipment, status, etc. I was thinking of making it using one layout, and that it would just return the last layout it was before it entered the menu screen.

But I don't know... Can anyone recommend steps or pseudos on how I can do this? ANything as long as I can make a unique menu system for my RPG.

• As I look at it, I don't think COnstruct is able to make a movable menu screen.

Construct surely is very able to do so! It's just a matter of how much effort you're willing to put in. Of course there's no easy way of doing this. Meaning there isn't an inventory/rpg object or something similar. So you'll have to invent your own system with events. Very possible, definitely not so much on the easy side. I bet lucid will post telling us how easy it'll be with S though.

But I don't know... Can anyone recommend steps or pseudos on how I can do this? ANything as long as I can make a unique menu system for my RPG.

Since this interests me as well, I will try to come up with a basic example for something like this. Will take me more than 5mins, so you'll have to wait for it. Unless somebody else is faster or has already a working example.

EDIT: TheJanMan, check your PM!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My idea somehow is putting it in 1 whole layer, like when I press a button for the menu, everything in that layer appears or something, or is even created. Is it even possible to hide/unhide all stuff in a layer?

Clicking on lets say the Item Screen, makes the Item Screen layer appear so yeah. It should also pause the game somehow when press the key that makes the menu screen appear.

• My idea somehow is putting it in 1 whole layer, like when I press a button for the menu, everything in that layer appears or something, or is even created. Is it even possible to hide/unhide all stuff in a layer?

Sure. Check out the layer actions of the system object.

Clicking on lets say the Item Screen, makes the Item Screen layer appear so yeah. It should also pause the game somehow when press the key that makes the menu screen appear.

There are different approaches to pause a game. Try setting the timescale to 0.

Btw, did you see that PM I sent you? I'm also in the chat right now, if you cared to briefly join.

• Rich was working on an inventory object. Some of the suggestions made for it were for this kind of thing.

• > Clicking on lets say the Item Screen, makes the Item Screen layer appear so yeah. It should also pause the game somehow when press the key that makes the menu screen appear.

>

There are different approaches to pause a game. Try setting the timescale to 0.

Just have to remember that you won't want to do that if you have sounds in your game, so you'll have to come up with your own pause system.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)