Building for mobile

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:16 pm

I know that there are many posts about it. But, I´ve already searched a lot and can´t unify all the informations about it and some are deprecated.

The terms are: Cordova, Crosswalk, Ludei, XDK, Phonegap, Canvas (+), Webview (+), Builder Plugins, etc
It´s very easy to become a mess with all that terms, when you are starting.

I have few questions about it:

1) I can build the game through: XDK, Ludei and Phonegap for IOs and Android. Is there some post/tutorial that says why to use one and not another?

2) I did the tutorial about AdMob by @kyatric for android. And for IOs? is that the same thing? I konw the plugin just work for build in XDK, so, I think that if I build for IOs it´ll be the same.

3) Are there more Ad plugins among AdMod official one?

I´m trying to sintetize them all http://www.fabiocolombini.com/2015/11/building-for-mobile-construct-2.html
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:26 pm

1) https://www.scirra.com/blog/154/evolving-construct-2s-export-options
2) I'm working on finishing first the AdMob + IAP tutorial for Android then I'll make one about iOS.
As far as I can tell, you can build iOS application with XDK or PhoneGap.
3) I don't understand that question.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:59 pm

Thanks for the answers @kyatric

Number 3 I´d like to know if there are plugins with the same functionality as the official AdMob (to show banners), but made by other developers (i did not find in the plugins list).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:23 am

Not that I'm aware of.
Most people ask how to implement such or such ad networks, and when answered they have to implement it themselves through the SDK and the network's API, most of them just forget about it.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General