Built-in Level Editor

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:29 pm

I can agree that it's not that essential to have a good way of handeling tile-sets, but a better way than Ctrl dragging IS essential. Right now people are just making engines, so it's no problem now, but when creating levels it is.

I'm just saying it would be a HUGE improvement and would probably not require much work at all to add a checkbox where you toggeled "painting" or something. Where you can click out the sprites instead of ctrl+dragging them.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:59 pm

[quote="Attan":qsh0mr53]I'm just saying it would be a HUGE improvement and would probably not require much work at all to add a checkbox where you toggeled "painting" or something.[/quote:qsh0mr53]

Yes, I agree a painting feature is much more essential. I also don't understand the negativity towards a fairly simple addition which would add a huge benefit to creating levels... If people have used Gamemaker then I have a hard time believing that they would not want a "painting" type capability.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:36 am

Not necessarily negative, more like realistic. Sure it might be a possibility on 2.0, but for now adding that would have a few hurdles. Especially when dealing with zoom, right now that is really messed up when placing tiles. Not to mention how the ide would have to change.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:35 pm

[quote="newt":dqx24toa]Not necessarily negative, more like realistic. Sure it might be a possibility on 2.0, but for now adding that would have a few hurdles. Especially when dealing with zoom, right now that is really messed up when placing tiles. Not to mention how the ide would have to change.[/quote:dqx24toa]

Are you talking about the "pick a sprite and klick to insert" system, or the full feature level editor? I doubt the first alternative would require much work.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:31 pm

[quote:330ix2up]Are you talking about the "pick a sprite and klick to insert" system, or the full feature level editor? I doubt the first alternative would require much work.[/quote:330ix2up]

We already have that.... Control+v, sure its an extra step, but once you have got the object copied you can paste it as much as you like without having to recopy it. It might be nice if it was only one keystroke instead of two.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:09 pm

but you can't see the sprite you're placing. I don't understand why you're working so hard against this.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Ok Im finished.
I've given you alternatives for things that just aren't going to happen, and you accuse me of being against it.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:26 pm

[quote="newt":38qhsev9]Ok Im finished.
I've given you alternatives for things that just aren't going to happen, and you accuse me of being against it.[/quote:38qhsev9]

I'm not accusing you for anything. I just meant that you really don't seem to want this since you keep saying it's unnescessary. I'm thankfull for the alternatives, but i still think this would be a really big improvement.

Dont take things so hard. I didn't mean anything bad with my comment and your reply really surprised me.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:53 pm

I have no idea how it is "hell" to make levels for some people. It works perfectly fine, save for one thing, and that's that you select a placed object by its entire bounding box rather than just clicking on opaque parts. That I'd love an alternative to!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:42 pm

seriously though it's not that difficult or inconvenient, the fact that you can select and drag-copy makes up for the painting thing.
[quote="konjak":357590lc]It works perfectly fine, save for one thing, and that's that you select a placed object by its entire bounding box rather than just clicking on opaque parts.[/quote:357590lc]
I agree, it gets in the way a lot, but I geuss it's not that much of a big deal. It does get really annoying when theres a lot of small objects next to each other though. But... I think ctrl or alt click selects the object under the top level one.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion