Bump Mapping Problem with R166?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
A template which allows you to customise the controls of your game.
  • Problem Description

I can't seem to get bump mapping working with R166

Attach a Capx

Attached -- the attached CAPX is essentially the example found here :

CAPX=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50465867/Construct/NormalMaps.capx

Description of Capx

• Poker chip with a bump mapped sprite over top that has it's x,y parameters changed as user moves their finger around the screen

Steps to Reproduce Bug

* Move finger around the screen OR press the random button repeatedly

Observed Result

I created a normal map with "crazybump" http://crazybump.com/ as recommended by one of the bump mapping threads here, however, I can't seem to get bump mapping to with with a seemingly trivial example. In the example there is a poker chip and a "bump" sprite of the generated bump map above it with the effect "bump mapping"

The user should be able to touch the screen to change the source of light on the poker chip my moving their finger around, however, there is NEVER light case on the object. There is also a random button to create unique light position locations between 1-100 for x,y light parameters (which I presume are the 0,1th parameters for the effect?). Pressing the random button repeatedly you'll find that from time to time there is a tiny bar of light way off the the left of the screen, but never on the object. It's odd because in the C2 editor itself, the effect is applied and looks good -- I can change the x,y values there and I see the light fall on the object

Expected Result

Light falls on the poker chip as the user moves their finger around the screen

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7

Construct 2 Version ID

R166 Beta

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)