BunBunLand (was 6 months abandonment and....)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:51 am

@mudmask thanks! but really it is nothing new, it is a homage to BoulderDash originally but also to Supaplex. Superold and old game. :) Shows my age.

@rho, @Jermfire thanks! I am happy you liked it.
It is jerky, yes. Not perfect control yet. But it has been very much worse you should know. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:18 pm

I solved another one of the tube bugs (where the soft camera scroll tween won't hit in, in about 5-10% of the tube uses), I think it is all solved now for the tube action! (just graphics left)

Not uploaded yet. I want to fix more things/add animations. I have removed the scissors because I wanted to use the graphics for another enemy with another behaviour. (undestructable) This one is going to be fire graphic instead and I will draw graphics for that. (wish me good luck to catch natural flow of fire) So right now it is just one static ugly orange scribbling level 2 year old artwork. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:22 pm

I attacked the enemy-dodging-the-icecream-drop bug with about 5 different approaches. I eventually figured it out, but it of course caused new bugs instead.. I think I have ironed them all out. New bug instead: the enemy explosion is not really happening exact where I want it to be. I think I have a few ideas on why it happens. Either bad "coding" (hopefully) or it is the new method. (hope not)

not uploaded yet.

not created any graphic either, got so hooked on the "coding" part instead.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:15 pm

The last couple days I have spent trying to draw animated fire enemy. I think I have made 5-6 different versions (most just being solid/outline stage) but never really happy with the result!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:01 pm

looking good to me so far! ...

Question. Is the strawberry SUPPOSED to kill you when it lands on you or is that a bug?
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:51 pm

@Jermfire

Thank you for taking time to report bug. :)
It is actually not a bug but intended. It adds to the challenge.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:57 pm

http://www.funnybunny.se/game/

Been a while but meanwhile I have been drawing graphic for the tube (drinking straw) movements. almost 100 frames so it has been a little offputting sometimes. haha!

I also added the new thing being explosive egg (seen in level 9)

Some of the levels are there strictly for testing purposes. ;)

Bug: Enemy will sometimes escape the explosion. This has been fixed in the "icecream/strawberry hits enemy" scenario, but I do not know how to solve it otherwise. So putting this aside for now.

Todo: Do "tube-out" animations, different anim for different angles, and also try to revise a new method for following the tube tween. Right now it is just relying on the start position and end position and tween. But if the tube is drawn around the map and then end almost back at where it starts, it will not tween elegant.

I have start and end position as array in the level data.
I am not too keen to add curves too to the array. I would prefer for the game to figure out it itself at runtime.

A new challenging level: level 10! This really make you need use the "grab" button.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:48 pm

I think I am going to pull out my hair!

Chain exploding egg and the new tubesystem. Worked beautifully.. then some days later.
cluttered with bugs and unexpected behavior.

I am at wits end, the events looks fine for the tube system but ... nope. I start to wonder if it is the version 195?!
The whole thing feel sluggish, Construct2 is also sluggish....

I wonder if I should revert back to 194.2 and compare!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:57 pm

http://www.funnybunny.se/game/bunbun/

As example the tubes in levels8 and T1 works nicely.
But in Level 12 you get stuck.

The chain explosion egg in T1 and level 10 works nicely (however level 10 could be problematic) . But in level 11 - nope. <- I haven't looked at code to be honest.

Damn now as I check level 10 again the ice cream hitting the eggs the eggs wont explode..

See.. PROBLEMS APLENTY!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Fixed the tube problem. It is really funny because normally it works already before and should be working. But well, now redundancy is added and now tubeing works. I think, hope. :D
http://www.funnybunny.se/game/bunbun/
(do not forget to hit F5/reload after loading)

Now over to the chain egg!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests