Bungee Ball! Arkanoid/Tetris/AngryBirds/Braid in a blender.

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Tetris
$7 USD
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • [attachment=0:1qpackw5][/attachment:1qpackw5]

Updated!

Play:

http://www.pileofcrab.com/Apps/BungeeBall/index.html

Hope u have some feedback.

How to play = in game

Gameplay video coming later today.

Thank u for the feedback so far!

More is welcome

Details:

Arkanoid blocks

Tetris level ups

Angrybirds ball slinging

Braid last resort retry

Blend blend blend ----> BUNGEE BALL!!!

Online scoreboard in game and on website http://pileofcrab.com/

Special thanks go to rojohound for his bungee example & rexrainbow for his Undo/Redo plugin

• Certain things struck me as strange:

The levels are VERY different on each new start - sometimes the screen is nearly filled with bricks and other times there's like 10 of them.

You can basically freely control the ball when it's below that bottom line - thus avoiding the baddies, if you wanted to.

At times there are loads of baddies with basically 0 chance to avoid them.

The start screen is music is MUCH louder than the one in-game - so you adjust for in-game and then BOOM! menu music.

Also the gameplay is a little confusing - some bricks drop slow and you can keep on hitting them, some are semi-transparent, sometimes a light orb drops, etc. Perhaps some quick guide screen could help.

Additonally I feel like you could use this and make that bungie feel AMAZING:

• Somebody

Thats good feedback.

Certain things struck me as strange:

The levels are VERY different on each new start - sometimes the screen is nearly filled with bricks and other times there's like 10 of them.

The levels are Procedural generated, meaning that the point is not: first level less brick last level all bricks.

The game's focus is on reaching the highest level u can before eventualy its game over. (there are infinite levelups)

Trying to get the best score of all players is what its about.

[quote:1zpm62qm]You can basically freely control the ball when it's below that bottom line - thus avoiding the baddies, if you wanted to.

That line is the bungy cord and its purpose is to propel the ball upwards on release.

The fact that u can avoid "baddies" when below the line is not a problem.

[quote:1zpm62qm]At times there are loads of baddies with basically 0 chance to avoid them.

All things ingame that come down are "touch to destory" able.

So badies/rings/blocks are only gone on touch, that is the fun about the gameplay. (i'l show that in a video tomorrow)

Baddies are not meant to be avoided but are meant to be destroyed.

Destroying a brick on touch avoids a baddie to be spawned.

[quote:1zpm62qm]The start screen is music is MUCH louder than the one in-game - so you adjust for in-game and then BOOM! menu music.

I'l fix that, thank u!

[quote:1zpm62qm]Also the gameplay is a little confusing - some bricks drop slow and you can keep on hitting them, some are semi-transparent, sometimes a light orb drops, etc. Perhaps some quick guide screen could help.

As said: all things ingame that come down are "touch to destory" able.

The ball only brings the bricks down after a few hits, but the u need to touch the bricks to destroy them.

Why some are fast and some are slow is to endulge the fun factor of trying to touch them, but not always achieving the touch.

The guide screen is a good idea, explaining the gameplay would have given u a better first play.

[quote:1zpm62qm]Additonally I feel like you could use this and make that bungie feel AMAZING:

I looked at them, but there is nothing wrong with the bungee as it is.

In general to reflect on your suggestions (which do help me very much).

I think this game needs a gameplay video showing the game played on touch screen.

I understand that all will fall in place once people see how it is meant to be played.

(the children of my girlfriend are killer at this game)

So its not that i do not understand where you are coming from with the feedback.

Your feedback is like 1 + 1 = playing the game without gameplay guide

So thank u for that, because now i will make a video and guide tomorow.

Awesome!

• Indeed - I was just commenting on the first impressions - since most of what you said is not in any way communicated by the game itself. If all the things can be tapped, etc - it's obviously quite different from mousing around.

As for the rubber band behaviour - it would just add a very nice looking natural rubber effect to the band.

• Somebody

I think i now understand where u are coming from with the rubber band behavior

Because ingame the bungee band does function, but it stops at center instantly, and with the behavior u suggested the rubber could bounce around a bit after the ball is proppeled.

Am i correct?

• Exactly!

• Awesome!

Is now next on the list

• Game has had a massive update!

How to play now ingame.

Better powerup integration.

Rings collection upgraded.

Overall animations.

Difficulty modes.

Fun Factor x 10

Give it a run guys!

http://www.pileofcrab.com/Apps/BungeeBall/index.html

[attachment=0:2ao15wl2][/attachment:2ao15wl2]

• I like it! It was really fun. The only suggestion that I have is maybe check your collision boxes on the rings. Sometimes I was clicking the heck out of them and couldn't pick them up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanx Burvey

Glad to hear the fun factor is noticed

i'l look into the ring collisions.

Thanks for the keen eye!

• [attachment=0:jt351ysb][/attachment:jt351ysb]

Game is now in the Completed games section.

http://goo.gl/SwnKKp

Grab a fresh Demo.

http://goo.gl/8hZx0x

Or visit my webstore.

http://goo.gl/8hZx0x

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)