ButterBall's Adventure (Mech Test) WIP

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:38 am

@naelian
yeah I still have alot of things to touch up, and replace, ex: those "?" boxes are not mine I got em from Google so I have to make my own plus the coins can look better or be changed like you said to something more suitable of mood/Character.
Ground also is bothering me will be changed many times before I like it.

and what to you mean about French keyboards, do you have arrow keys? WASD etc..
What is the General layout you are comfortable with. thx Erndog2k2012-06-20 02:48:45
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:58 am

lol sure arrow keys are not a problem ;-p and it's also a good way to help people using mouse with left hand because on the right side of the keyboard ...

English keyboard is "qwerty" so you use "WASD"
French Keyboard is "azerty" so we use "ZQSD"
In all my game i put support of this 2 keyboards settings so "W/Z" must have the same behaviour and "A/Q" too.

But why "shift+R" ? why not only "shift" or "R" or "space" it's more simple and your game is not a "ARMA 2" with 250 keyboard shorcuts so it's possible to don't have to use 2 keys for reloading ! ;-p

Thinking about people using arrow keys with right hand and mouse with left they can't reach some keys to do some actions ... so having a way to reload with mouse is good (for example using the mouse wheel)
naelian2012-06-20 03:12:11
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:57 am

@naelian
? Sorry I'm confused, You don't have to press Shift+R together to reload, its always been Shift/R (Shift or R) independently.
I should make that more clear in options and controls etc... screen and faq.
"Arrows" you cant reach "R" so "Shift" is available for left hand/Arrow users.
I will also Add ZQSD. For international users. Thanks for heads up.

I'm gonna add change weapons to numbers 1,2,3 etc. and keep , . just incase.
I feel the more way's people can control the game the better.

I'm going to add Gamepad support in soon also.Erndog2k2012-06-20 04:03:21
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:07 am

hummm sorry but it seems that for me "shift" will have never work alone but perhaps it's because it will take some time to reload ammo .... so i try always "shift" and if i don't see any action i try "shift+R" just after ;-p... can you verify you put a "or" statement between the 2 events ? ... in fact actually no way to reload ammo in your last release so there is a big problem with this feature ...naelian2012-06-20 04:32:42
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:34 am

[QUOTE=naelian] hummm ... seems that for me "shift" will have never work alone but perhaps it's because it will take some time to reload ammo .... so i try shift and if i don't see any action i do shift+R just after ;-p... can you verify you put a "or" statement between the 2 events ? ... in fact actually no way to reload ammo in your last release so there is a big problem with this feature ...[/QUOTE]

Really hmmmmmmmmmm......????? my first Real Bug kinda cool. lol
What Browser are you using. Maybe its the keyboard diff? Weird. I wonder if its global?I only have to press either "R" or "shift" to simply reload?
What's this about an "or" function, I will add one between the two events. Then Re-Up.

edit
For some reason sound wont work on Chrome properly or IE WTF.Erndog2k2012-06-20 04:51:46
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:47 am

I use last stable chrome or sometimes the beta canary chrome version to look if "fps" is improved ;-p ... i don't understand at all how it could work with you if not using a "or" between the two events !

for example to move left the good syntax is :

Keyboard | left arrow is down .....   (DO ACTION MOVE LEFT)
        -or-
Keyboard | Q is down (fr keyboard)
        -or-
Keyboard | A is down (us/en keyboard)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 am

[QUOTE=naelian] I use last stable chrome or sometimes the beta canary chrome version to look if "fps" is improved ;-p ... i don't understand at all how it could work with you if not using a "or" between the two events !

for example to move left the good syntax is :

Keyboard | left arrow is down .....   (DO ACTION MOVE LEFT)
        -or-
Keyboard | Q is down (fr keyboard)
        -or-
Keyboard | A is down (us/en keyboard)
[/QUOTE]
@naelian

Reload by N7Effect, on Flickr

I don't see an "Or" event function, and isn't "or" sorta just a given here. "R" and "Shift" are independent of each-other.

-Edit-

I found the "Or" function you have to click make "OR Block" that will clean things up alot can't believe I missed that. Also I just fixed the music in Chrome.

I'm uploading an "Or" Version please tell me it works lol. Erndog2k2012-06-20 05:18:59
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:19 am

LOL what a waste of time in copy/paste and increasing event # for nothing !

never use "pressed" but use "down" with keyboard events because pressed only work when you press and release the button so it's not good if you check keyboard events "on every tick" ! ...

so do this :

(first event :) keyboard : Shift is down
(second event just under the first) keyboard : R is down

Then select the 2 events clicking on the keyboard column on the left (put all that column for the 2 events with yellow background) ... after that click right, and check Make "or" block in the list) and the "or" statement" will be automatically put between all events selected before !

- After that put your action only one time on the right part ! so no copy/paste needed for each button managed doing the same action.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:32 am

@naelian

Wow thanks alot I still can't believe all the time I wasted copying like you said... omg lollolol. I have a bunch of stuff now I think about if that can be Or'ed if such a thing.

Well i'm uploading a quick-fixed Ver. right now for Reloading. I did xacly what you said above. I hope it works.

Erndog2k2012-06-20 05:33:35
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:46 am

Test the beta 6 ... same problem don't working ;-(
i have a stupid question ... you test your program using what kind of browser ? what is your os ? ...
Have you ckeck if the group "reload" grouping this 2 events is activated ... it's grayed on your screenshoot so disabled ! ... never working ! you don't test your code on your own computer man !

naelian2012-06-20 05:53:06
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations