Button bug-Need fix! (Please read)

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
J-BoB Game Button Sound Pack comes with 300 high-quality sound effects
  • Problem Description

Problem? Well Here it is. When you click a button, it glitches my 8-direction object (I will show proof). I have made a shooting game, but whenever I click a button, My shooter charecter Just sticks to the wall and cant release from it. So lets say i was pressing w to go up and i press the button, i am sticked to the top wall and can not do anything for a few seconds. This is very annoying.

Attach a Capx

I cant find the button, so i will use my game as a demonstration. URL: Edit:Not allowed to use my URL? Well... The game is on the Arcade, called shooters vs squares where you will see the bug.

Description of Capx

This capx is an example. Not my game, where the effect is even stronger. Try pressing an moving key and then pressing a button. It will go the direction your key is going and stick to the wall at that side.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Step. 1. Add a button. Step 2. Add a 8-Direction. Step 3. Already explained what to do.

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 8 ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____V206 ____

• why using 8-direction for static object?

I'm able to see the teleportation of your sprite but without capx, it's hard to say what is wrong. You could edit your post and put the URL in code or in text.

• 1. How to upload file

2. What else can i use except for 8direction?

3. Its not teleportation, it just goes to a corner with the same 8-directions settings uncontrollable

EDIT: you can recreate the bug easily. Just an 8-direction object, a wall for it to stop and not be movable, and a button to press on

• a cannon has changed position.. so I thought you add a 8-direction to your turrets and cannons.

you should use a sprite instead of a button to avoid your probleme

• There isnt any condition where you can click a sprite to activate the turret spawning, unless you can tell me how?

• on mouse left click on sprite"button" & score> cost_turret then system create sprite "turret" & subtract cost_turret from score

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you!

• This is still a bug tho :3

• Form controls like the button take the keyboard input when clicked on. You can either use the "set unfocused" action of the button, or use sprites instead that you can click on.

• A bug report must follow all of the guidelines and include a minimal .capx with clear instruction on how to reproduce the bug.

You must also have tested in the latest beta - r215 Bug Reporting Requirements - just in case the bug has already been fixed.

• Closing as no .capx attached, please read the bug report guidelines which also cover how to include your .capx file in the post.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)