Button sequence befuddlement

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:20 pm

Hello!

I'm trying to make a very, very simple button sequence doo-dad, where pressing a series of buttons in the 'correct' order takes you to a 'Well done!' layout page, whereas pressing an 'incorrect' button in the sequence takes you to an 'Incorrect - try again!' layout page.

Eg:
----
Correct button order sequence is: red/blue/blue/green/yellow

Buttons pressed: red, blue, blue, green, yellow (matches correct button order sequence) = 'Well done!' layout page

Buttons pressed: red, blue, yellow (doesn't match correct button order sequence) = 'Incorrect - try again!' layout page
-----

Any help, tips, or guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
B

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:17 am

I didn't use "layout page" ...but maybe you can start from here.. TouchSequence.capx

Last edited by korbaach on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:48 am

I made a .capx for you to have as a guide in your project. The graphics are not made properly for it only acts as an example.
My Reputation is not high enough to share a complete link so just combine the two to reach the project file.

Combine the two for a link:

https://onedrive.
live.com /redir?resid=A9AA77AEE7DA1637!2612&authkey=!AIxQF77KaNw2Plg&ithint=folder%2c
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:37 pm

Message: Olivers Army is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
korbaach wrote:I didn't use "layout page" ...but maybe you can start from here..

Hello korbaach

Thanks everso much for your help - that capx file of yours is REALLY impressive!

The only issue is... I don't understand most of it! :) I didn't realise making something this simple required so much code. :(

Also, the button sequence gizmo I'm currently attempting to make, uses a predetermined sequence and not a random one - sorry, I should've made that clear in my original post!

Thanks again for your help!
B

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Message: Olivers Army is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
chadorireborn wrote:I made a .capx for you to have as a guide in your project. The graphics are not made properly for it only acts as an example.
My Reputation is not high enough to share a complete link so just combine the two to reach the project file.

Combine the two for a link:.
live.com /redir?resid=A9AA77AEE7DA1637!2612&authkey=!AIxQF77KaNw2Plg&ithint=folder%2c

Hi chadorireborn

I can't open the capx file as I'm using the free (and latest) Construct 2 r216 build. Ho hum!

Ta anyway, though!
B

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Olivers Army wrote:issue is... I don't understand most of it! :)

It was my fault..OK, let's start from the beginning..
I'm currently attempting to make, uses a predetermined sequence

understood...
how you signal the sequence to player?
(something similar to my example or with ..text "press red, blue, blue, green, yellow "...or..?)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:29 pm

korbaach wrote:how you signal the sequence to player?
with ..text "press red, blue, blue, green, yellow ")

Thanks for the reply!

Yep, to paraphrase Tommy Cooper: "just like that!"

:D

Cheers!
B

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Olivers Army wrote:Yep, to paraphrase Tommy Cooper: "just like that!"

that I was afraid :D
check this capx TouchSequence2.capx

If this is what you're looking for..I will try to explain code ...as best I can...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi korbaach

Cheers for this - it's really corking (and impressive!), but you've got more chance of explaining the theory of relativity to a Cocker Spaniel than you've got of me understanding all that code! :D

I think I'll bail out of this thread now while I still retain a smidgen of dignity, and clunkily botch-job what I'm looking to achieve, using Flash/Swiffy.

Thanks for your time and efforts, Squire!

And to you, too, chadorireborn! <doffs cap>
B

Return to Beginner's Questions