Buttons Do Not Show in Cocoon App

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:16 am

Hi, I have created my project and have exported it with the Cocoon JS option, (I have previously added the Cocoon object to my project).

I have installed the Cocoon JS app to my iPad and followed the steps detailed here:

http://wiki.ludei.com/cocoonjs:launcherapp

I have copied the zip file to my iPad via iTunes but when I open it with the app launcher the buttons are missing.

My project has a start screen with 3 buttons to set the level and they are not there which means I can test no further.

The buttons are regular Construct2 items, nothing special about them - placed on a layer above the background layer and referenced in the event sheet. They work fine on my PC but here they don't show.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Can anyone suggest a workaround?
B

Post » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:30 am

Buttons, Textboxes, and other objects that uses JQuery(the ones that aren't really in the canvas object, like listBox) cannot be used inside CocoonJS

Use sprite instead.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:44 am

Yeah @Aphrodite is right, be aware CocoonJS is DOM-less.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:19 am

Thanks for that, if I would have known this before I could have saved a ton of time.
B

Post » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:45 am

@weisdaclick you will have that feeling a many more times as you come to grips with C2.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?