C2 become unresponsive after windows update

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:40 pm

@Ashley
The UI just went shitty after a batch of windows update just now. I'm quite sure the problem happened because of the update, because it happened right after it. Anybody encountered similar issue?

Problem description: I had to spam mouse click to get these 3 (highlighted in yellow) to show (very stubborn!). Single and double click doesn't work, had to spam it. I have tried reinstalled C2, still shitty. :evil:

Spec: C2 [r176], Windows 8.1 64bit and 2 months old laptop.
Spam.JPG

Attached is the picture of the update applied (All 14th August). Update from 13th and earlier is not the problem I think. :?
Shit.JPG

I'm considering to rollback the updates, but I think it would be better if I remove the updates selectively. Any Idea which one most probably causing this? :evil:

Edit: I'll try to see whether r177 have this issue or not, later after 3 days ( because I need to travel somewhere).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:26 pm

No issues here with a fully patched 8.1 system. Tried 'Reset dialogs' in Preferences and a reboot?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:12 am

Ashley wrote:No issues here with a fully patched 8.1 system. Tried 'Reset dialogs' in Preferences and a reboot?

Doesn't work for both 176 and 177. I have rolled back all updates and then test C2, seems fine. Then I tried to install the updates one by one to check which will cause the problem. It seems than the problem is not reproduced which is weird. I guess things are ok now.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General